DeMoss joins the Fever! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DeMoss joins the Fever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i think that solidified what everyone had been "whispering" about - that Tennessee recruiting was in trouble. Kaela Davis decommitting was a huge blow and took (i think it did) most Tennessee fans by surprise. they have a solid team who is likely to be somewhere between 8-15 next year. not bad but certainly not what Tennessee fans are used to.

i read on their board (it was a while ago so i'm going from memory) that they are hot on the trail of Davis, Russell, Muvunga, Reimer, Scaife, Greenwell, and Deshields. i still have to believe Davis ends up there but i have no idea if she's getting serious with anyone else. if Russell and Muvunga end up at Louisville, Scaife ends up at UNC, Reimer at ND, and Deshields ends up at UCONN or Maryland, they better pray they land Davis and Greenwell cuz missing out on both would be devastating.

and if they don't land ANYONE in the top 10, they will watch their team slide in the SEC and in the rankings as well as others in WCBB continue to pass them by.

side note, how can we get the NCAA to put them as the 4 seed in our bracket next year???
only one of the top 10 in 2013 has committed. the recruits are waiting to see about the coaching situation, as they should too. however, there will be many top players who want to play for TN because it is TN...pat is the driving force but we are historically the center of WCBB. attendance especially.....

i have no doubt recruiting will take a hit. your last line about the 4 seed doesn't really require a response.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
a

FWIW, i've read that L'ville fans believe they have the inside track for Russell and UNC fans believe they have the inside track for Scaife. both are top 10 recruits that Tennessee fans are desperate to land.

The same UNC fans who thought they had the inside track on Elizabeth Williams, Amber Henson, Cierra Burdick, and a few others that went elsewhere :rolleyes:. I wouldnt put much stock in UNC fans

Reaction Score
The same UNC fans who thought they had the inside track on Elizabeth Williams, Amber Henson, Cierra Burdick, and a few others that went elsewhere :rolleyes:. I wouldnt put much stock in UNC fans
agreed. i know TN has gotten slack but geez why would ANYONE want to go to UNC and play WCBB

Reaction Score
I still think the perfect hire for Tennessee would be Dawn Staley, but I'd guess there's roughly a 0.001% chance of that happening.

U

UCONNfan1

only one of the top 10 in 2013 has committed. the recruits are waiting to see about the coaching situation, as they should too. however, there will be many top players who want to play for TN because it is TN...pat is the driving force but we are historically the center of WCBB. attendance especially.....

i have no doubt recruiting will take a hit. your last line about the 4 seed doesn't really require a response.
historically? perhaps pre 1995. so i guess it's "ancient" history. Tennessee hasn't been the center of the basketball universe for the past 14 years.

and i wasn't asking for a response. but you did anyway. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I still think the perfect hire for Tennessee would be Dawn Staley, but I'd guess there's roughly a 0.001% chance of that happening.
i would put that at .0001. :) i love her but the next coach will have lady vol ties. i know it's hard for people to understand but that's just how it is.....loyalty, tradition, and the lady vol family are all the most important things to pat and UT

Reaction Score
historically? perhaps pre 1995. so i guess it's "ancient" history. Tennessee hasn't been the center of the basketball universe for the past 12 years.

and i wasn't asking for a response. but you did anyway. :rolleyes:
again...i point you to attendance. just saying..:rolleyes:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
some of these posts are freaking hilarious....as one TN fan, i can say that i am not desperate for russell or any other player. TN has the money and most importantly, the DESIRE to hire the right people. there are many teams who do not have the talent of TN or UCONN and still out play teams on a nightly basis. we will survive with the right coach and direction.

for this team, who has dealt with more than any other team in UT history, to end with a HARD fought elite 8 finish is a huge accomplishment. imagine if, god forbid, geno was forced to sit on the sidelines while the games proceeded....elite 8 would be fabulous! right? i am very proud of them and how they handled the media frenzy and pressure.

ps. big shout out to glory johnson for not being bullied by baylor or any other team. warrior.

Well, I'm glad we can amuse you. I'm sure after "hard fought" 19 point loss in the elite eight, you could use the laugh. I've read plenty of posts by UT fans stating that Pat was fine, and the cameras just caught her at bad times. And of course it was all the refs fault. Now that is funny stuff. Hey, I read that Harrison had a great 6 minutes before fouling out. You want laughs? Read that board, but don't come here and belittle our opinions.

Reaction Score
i would put that at .0001. :) i love her but the next coach will have lady vol ties. i know it's hard for people to understand but that's just how it is.....loyalty, tradition, and the lady vol family are all the most important things to pat and UT

Oh, I "get" the issue of "staying in the family". It's a popular idea when speculation comes up on this board about the future hereabouts as well. But Beastiarus raised some good questions that DawnS meets very aptly.

(And just to add, although I certainly entirely understand the "in the family" appeal, it may not be the best course down the road here, either.)

U

UCONNfan1

again...i point you to attendance. just saying..:rolleyes:
fair enough. that's true indeed. in fact, i read Louisville surpassed UCONN recently in attendance - starting last year? so we are currently 3rd in attendance. but you said "especially attendance", and were talking about kids wanting to play for tennessee because it's the center of WCBB. i say "nyet".

sort of like winning the imagionary SOS championship. how many of those do you have hanging in the rafters in the past 14 years? must look nice along with your 2 NC's since 1999. by the way, after tomorrow you will be tied for 2nd with either Baylor or ND for NC's in the past 14 years. one last question - has Tennessee ever been to 5 consecutive final 4's? i believe the answer is no, and is this really the first class Pat has had that never made it to a final 4?

Reaction Score
not trash talking with any of you. not my idea of a good time. good night

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
file.php

Reaction Score
Oh, I "get" the issue of "staying in the family". It's a popular idea when speculation comes up on this board about the future hereabouts as well. But Beastiarus raised some good questions that DawnS meets very aptly.

(And just to add, although I certainly entirely understand the "in the family" appeal, it may not be the best course down the road here, either.)
thanks for actually talking objectively. nice to see. i agree with you in the sense that all options need to be on the table...i think there is a real sense that a former lady vol will coach. nikki caldwell would be adored in knoxville and be great for bringing a new wave of lady vol fans to the game. it's about about the future. they will want someone who can coach for years and years

Reaction Score
The thinking that any ex-Tenn player coach can come in recruit strongly after Pat is the same as the UConn men situation. All these assistant coaches recruited for Pat or Calhoun. Recruiting for them selves will be totally different. As far as Tenn goes, the current assistants managed 9 losses with 5 seniors who were high school AA's. The lack of development is obvious. Tenn needs a clean sweep of coaching, but they probably will not accept reality.

Reaction Score
Tell me, BigO, are any TN games blacked out or are they all televised in the Knoxville area?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
agreed. i know TN has gotten slack but geez why would ANYONE want to go to UNC and play WCBB
1. It's a great school, and free education there is nothing to scoff at.
2. Chapel Hill is a great town.
3. Eventually, they will replace Hatchell.

Reaction Score
The thinking that any ex-Tenn player coach can come in recruit strongly after Pat is the same as the UConn men situation. All these assistant coaches recruited for Pat or Calhoun. Recruiting for them selves will be totally different. As far as Tenn goes, the current assistants managed 9 losses with 5 seniors who were high school AA's. The lack of development is obvious. Tenn needs a clean sweep of coaching, but they probably will not accept reality.

don't leave out .....the 9 losses came with a group of 18-22 year old girls whose coach is fighting a terminal illness. i think that may have had something to do with it. right?

as far as the coaches go, they have proven themselves a million times over. they don't need to prove anything else to anyone.

ps. glory johnson was a mess when she started at UT....totally underdeveloped. now she is a top 5 WNBA draft pick and coaches' all-american. sounds like player development to me.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I point you to results. It's not even close since 1995.
Well TN did win 5 NCs since 1995. We've won 6 since then. So actually it's pretty close.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
don't leave out .....the 9 losses came with a group of 18-22 year old girls whose coach is fighting a terminal illness. i think that may have had something to do with it. right?
Prolly, but that class never really clicked. Or lived up to it's promise.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
not trash talking with any of you. not my idea of a good time. good night

"some of these posts are freaking hilarious"

You seemed comfortable with it to me.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

as far as the coaches go, they have proven themselves a million times over. they don't need to prove anything else to anyone.

ps. glory johnson was a mess when she started at UT....totally underdeveloped. now she is a top 5 WNBA draft pick and coaches' all-american. sounds like player development to me.

Not according to the players who have said to Maria that it had no impact.

Reaction Score
Not according to the players who have said to Maria that it had no impact.

dogdaddy, no offense but i am not engaging in a back and forth with you. your reputation proceeds you. cheers

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
dogdaddy, no offense but i am not engaging in a back and forth with you. your reputation proceeds you. cheers

You could have just ignored me, but instead you insult me about my reputation. If you mean by that, that I won't let you post something I don't like without a reply, you are correct.

My point was that Maria interviewed Johnson and Stricklen and they insisted it didn't impact them. Now, I happen to agree with you. How could it not?

Reaction Score
Prolly, but that class never really clicked. Or lived up to it's promise.
i agree with that as well. we will never know whether it was pat's illness that got in the way or their own mental make up. even so, they are my fav class lady vol players even without a final four to brag about. that being said, i do expect a different "vibe" and less laid back attitude next year when this group is no longer on the floor. we shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom