Demoralize PC Saturday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Demoralize PC Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game is really irrelevant at this point. We are locked into a 1 seed in both the BET and NCAA.

Keep everyone healthy is all that matters.
If we're searching for a reason, a victory would give us the all-time record for conference wins in a season in the Big East I believe. Not worth an injury to a starter but its something.

Reaction Score
Watching Providence their last few games, they simply arent that good. If they limit Carter and Oduro, they will be fine. I dont want to risk any guys getting banged up or injured though for the BET and beyond so hoping we can utilize the bench more.
I am legit concerned these PC dirtbags try to injure Clingan.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The way I see it this is an important game. It will be kind of like a test case for our first round tournament game against Norfolk, Arkansas-Little Rock or whatever 16 seed they match us with.

Reaction Score
Hasn't been a dumpy little city in a couple decades.
What changed? The mall? I don't go there a lot but when I do it looks dumpy to me. But I haven't been all around the city, mostly just downtown. Like Hartford downtown there didn't look like there was anything or anyone there. My son did a pre-college thing at Brown for 2 weeks and he said the entire city was dumpy. Maybe I'll check it out again soon. Where should I go to change my opinion?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really? Where were you hanging out in Boston? Providence is a dumpy little city. What's there?
I'm talking about bar hopping when I was 19-23 years old. Providence was more fun at that age from my experience. Boston is obviously a lot bigger and a lot closer to an international city than Providence so it has more options for older adults.

I'll always like the city of Providence.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm talking about bar hopping when I was 19-23 years old. Providence was more fun at that age from my experience. Boston is obviously a lot bigger and a lot closer to an international city than Providence so it has more options for older adults.

I'll always like the city of Providence.

You and @BigErnMcCracken should read, if you haven't already Don Winslows (for my money the best fiction writer in last decade or so The Power of the Dog/Cartel trilogy was incredible) newest trilogy City on Fire, City of Dreams , and City of Ruins (which will complete the trilogy and will be Winslow's last book ever written and being released this June). It is set through the mid 80's to the early 90's and its main characters are Providence connected Italians and Irish. Lot of south county stuff too. As someone who was in that city a lot then, I love it. Its great.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hasn't been a dumpy little city in a couple decades.
What changed? The mall? I don't go there a lot but when I do it looks dumpy to me. But I haven't been all around the city, mostly just downtown. Like Hartford downtown there didn't look like there was anything or anyone there. My son did a pre-college thing at Brown for 2 weeks and he said the entire city was dumpy. Maybe I'll check it out again soon. Where should I go to change my opinion?
It's not Boston. But it's not Harford either. Some terrific restaurants on Atwells and elsewhere and fun bars and breweries across the city. It has sort of embraced an industrial revival vibe, like Fort Point minus the bland modern stuff that is the Seaport. Long Live is in a crappy neighborhood, but that's how it improves.

If you're a beer guy, try Long Live Beerworks, The Guild Beerhall, or Malted Barley. For events the Strand has some decent concerts and there is the performing arts center. Water Fire is fun for some folks, along with gondola rides.

Reaction Score
You and @BigErnMcCracken should read, if you haven't already Don Winslows (for my money the best fiction writer in last decade or so The Power of the Dog/Cartel trilogy was incredible) newest trilogy City on Fire, City of Dreams , and City of Ruins (which will complete the trilogy and will be Winslow's last book ever written and being released this June). It is set through the mid 80's to the early 90's and its main characters are Providence connected Italians and Irish. Lot of south county stuff too. As someone who was in that city a lot then, I love it. Its great.

The first two are very good - I thought the second one was much better - but the Power of the Dog trilogy is incredible. I think I've read that thing twice front to back.

Reaction Score
View attachment 97365
And yet somehow I suspect people can I through that.
I've got boats going by out back, the beach across the street, tiki bars with ocean views. There's no state income tax, reasonable property taxes, no winter as you know it (got up to 83° today).

South Florida has gotten loud, crowded and, lately, more expensive. Right now we have tourists, snowbirds and, this month, spring breakers.

Still . . . I manage to get along. :p

Reaction Score
It's not Boston. But it's not Harford either. Some terrific restaurants on Atwells and elsewhere and fun bars and breweries across the city. It has sort of embraced an industrial revival vibe, like Fort Point minus the bland modern stuff that is the Seaport. Long Live is in a crappy neighborhood, but that's how it improves.

If you're a beer guy, try Long Live Beerworks, The Guild Beerhall, or Malted Barley. For events the Strand has some decent concerts and there is the performing arts center. Water Fire is fun for some folks, along with gondola rides.
I do want to check out those breweries. I still haven't gotten to the Long Live Beerworks in Boston. That's also not in a great area. It's actually not that bad but there's not much around it since it's in an old industrial area.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The first two are very good - I thought the second one was much better - but the Power of the Dog trilogy is incredible. I think I've read that thing twice front to back.

Totally agree. Power of the Dog trilogy is about as good as it gets. City of.... isn't that level, but a good read especially if you are area familiar. I liked The Force too.

Edit to add, you must love him he writes LA/SoCal really well too.

Reaction Score
Will UConn actually make the the game or will they b3 stuck in Milwaukee?

Reaction Score
Theirs fans are delusional, living in a different realm, but after what the fans did to Andrea last year, Providence needs to be destroyed.
Andrea said she wouldn't go there again.

Reaction Score
Sick Stephon on Carter. Keep Don clean. Inside source - Carter is banged up, has tons of nagging nicks and worn down having to carry this team. Let him be stifled, and let the role players beat you.

Reaction Score
Sick Stephon on Carter. Keep Don clean. Inside source - Carter is banged up, has tons of nagging nicks and worn down having to carry this team. Let him be stifled, and let the role players beat you.
Carter looks it. Every time he gets fouled he winces and grimaces. Did this against UConn also. He's been carrying a heavy load since Hopkins got injured.

Reaction Score
Good, then let's make it a home game and not treat it like a scrimmage. If we just play the starters at the start and then roll with the freshmen the rest of the game we're obviously going to lose. I want to win the game.
We have a 1 seed locked down, but not necessarily the East. We'll be in Brooklyn no matter what, but if we FA we might FO, and while ending up in the West hasn't always treated us the worst, why wouldn't we want the best path. You play to win the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom