Demoralize PC Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Demoralize PC Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s being sarcastic. We didn’t beat a ranked team on the road since 2014 and just beat a ranked Marquette. He’s saying he’s scared lol
Ah, I did not have my sarcasm meter turned up this morning, LOL!! As they say, "my bad",

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My feelings on this idea aside, I imagine that if we actually did this, most PC fans would claim we wouldn't face them with our best players because we'd have to explain a loss that we couldn't accept.

I could live with that. Let them create fantasy situations in their heads.

Reaction Score
In the last week they rolled Seton Hall to the point Holloway sat on the bench with his arms folded the last five minutes….then decidedly beat the #8 team in the nation on their home floor.

Toss that on top of everything else accomplished and our health right now and we don’t need another “test” from a “plucky” team. We’re more than ready. And I’ll no longer be goaded into making this game bigger than it is by a bunch of middling also rans.
Of course we're more than ready but I don't get why you want us to lose the game.

Reaction Score
While this is an ungodly stupid idea, it would be hilarious to have Andrew Hurley be our starting point guard and lose by 150 just to fire up PC fans.
we should back up a box truck of cash to Cooley and have him play for us for one game.

Reaction Score
My feelings on this idea aside, I imagine that if we actually did this, most PC fans would claim we wouldn't face them with our best players because we'd have to explain a loss that we couldn't accept.
And you would care about that, why?

Reaction Score
Of course we're more than ready but I don't get why you want us to lose the game.
I never want us to lose.

But I’ve gotten past trying to make this game seem like it means something more than it does.

We don’t need it for the regular season. Or the BET seed. Or the NCAA seed. PC students are on spring break and most of them expect to lose so we’ll likely see a C+ effort from their fans at best.

It’s a scrimmage.

Reaction Score
I never want us to lose.

But I’ve gotten past trying to make this game seem like it means something more than it does.

We don’t need it for the regular season. Or the BET seed. Or the NCAA seed. PC students are on spring break and most of them expect to lose so we’ll likely see a C+ effort from their fans at best.

It’s a scrimmage.
Good, then let's make it a home game and not treat it like a scrimmage. If we just play the starters at the start and then roll with the freshmen the rest of the game we're obviously going to lose. I want to win the game.

Reaction Score
It's a perfectly fine school. A step up from Fairfield and Sacred Heart, a step down from those mentioned. I know PC people and I don't really have a problem with any of them. Providence is a pretty nice city for college students, even if PC isn't really in it.

I dated a girl from PC in college and spent some time over there. Like SJ I almost got beat up outside Brads but a dude I went to high school with that had just graduated from PC miraculously walked by and saved my ass. Fun enough school - campus and the surrounding area was a bit dumpy as I recall but I have no real beef with PC. Just fun to troll.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I dated a girl from PC in college and spent some time over there. Like SJ I almost got beat up outside Brads but a dude I went to high school with that had just graduated from PC miraculously walked by and saved my ass. Fun enough school - campus and the surrounding area was a bit dumpy as I recall but I have no real beef with PC. Just fun to troll.
Was the dude connected?

Reaction Score
It's a perfectly fine school. A step up from Fairfield and Sacred Heart, a step down from those mentioned. I know PC people and I don't really have a problem with any of them. Providence is a pretty nice city for college students, even if PC isn't really in it.

They give out quite a bit of merit money @husky429. For out of state kids it may not be much different than URI and does have a better academic reputation.
Providence is more fun than Boston at that age in my experience.

First I've heard that PC isn't in the city of Providence.

It is a dumpy neighborhood as BigErn points out and I don't think too much of the campus but it's absolutely a fun place and those students party. Only college I'm aware of where the kids go to a mob run bar and hang out with connected guys, well at least that's how it used to be.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It is a dumpy neighborhood as BigErn points out and I don't think too much of the campus but it's absolutely a fun place and those students party. Only college I'm aware of where the kids go to a mob run bar and hang out with connected guys, well at least that's how it used to be.
It's in the city limits but you know what I meant. The location of campus isn't walkable to any of the "fun" parts of Providence, unlike say, Brown. City has gotten better over the years, more breweries and fun places to go. I spend quite a bit of time there since it's about 20 minutes from me. I don't think the mob stuff prevails much anymore.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I meant "my kids" literally. My kids can go to URI tuition-free if they want to.

And yeah, paying OOS tuition anywhere is looking more foolish every time you see the price. 35K for a school in the URI/CCSU tier is nuts. I'm jealous of those southern states with crazy low tuition. My wife paid her own way at UNC working at Starbucks. Tuition was like 9k a year.
It still basically costs nothing to go to University of Florida if you're in-state.

Reaction Score

The area around Fordham where the students hang out and live is almost entirely controlled by the Albanian mafia.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. And I’ll no longer be goaded into making this game bigger than it is by a bunch of middling also rans.
TReally? After four decades of trolling Providence fans?

#endofanera

Reaction Score
It's in the city limits but you know what I meant. The location of campus isn't walkable to any of the "fun" parts of Providence, unlike say, Brown. City has gotten better over the years, more breweries and fun places to go. I spend quite a bit of time there since it's about 20 minutes from me. I don't think the mob stuff prevails much anymore.
The guy I've referenced here multiple times is still at it and some of the politicians are still at it. Scarface ran the Providence bar back in the late 90's early 2000's Primetime Cafe. He ran millions out of there in sports betting each month, it was nuts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah but then you have to actually continue to live in Florida. No bueno.
IMG_1798.jpeg

And yet somehow I suspect people can I through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom