Demo begins @ Morrone | The Boneyard

Demo begins @ Morrone

Reaction Score

For all that I've said about how far Morrone Stadium is in being past its prime, this video kind of makes you sad, especially if you've spent some time in its stands watching UConn men's and women's soccer. At the same time it makes you happy for the future and what is coming that will replace it.

Reaction Score
Played some high school games there, some pick-up games with friends on both men's and women's teams, watch both teams play regular season and playoff games in the heat, rain and snow, all good. Thanks for the memories, Connecticut Soccer Stadium.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
For all that I've said about how far Morrone Stadium is in being past its prime, this video kind of makes you sad, especially if you've spent some time in its stands watching UConn men's and women's soccer. At the same time it makes you happy for the future and what is coming that will replace it.

Perfectly said.

Reaction Score
I hope Joe Morrone will still be remembered...Is the new stadium going to be Morrone? If not, I hope they have something to remember him...

Reaction Score

The blong link indicates that the refurbished Dillon Statium in Hartford is in the mix to serve as UConn's temporary field until the new soccer stadium is ready in 2020. That's good. The Rent would feel empty for most games, kind of like the typical Revs game at Gillette. Only concern is if UConn soccer draws well in Hartford and some local politican tries to make the move permanent.

Reaction Score
I hope Joe Morrone will still be remembered...Is the new stadium going to be Morrone? If not, I hope they have something to remember him...

On one spot on the UConn athletics website under the Husky Athletic Fund, they are billing the new soccer facility as "Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at the Rizza Family Soccer Complex".

Capital Projects

Reaction Score
On one spot on the UConn athletics website under the Husky Athletic Fund, they are billing the new soccer facility as "Joseph J. Morrone Stadium at the Rizza Family Soccer Complex".

Capital Projects

What about when Reid retires?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What about when Reid retires?
Tony Rizza would never let the memory of Joe Morrone die at the new complex - Never
As far as RR - perhaps they can name the press box after him

Reaction Score
Tony Rizza would never let the memory of Joe Morrone die at the new complex - Never
As far as RR - perhaps they can name the press box after him

Considering Ray Reid's years of service, his dedication to seeing the new soccer facility through, and not to mention his donations to the project, I'm sure something will be named for him. However, naming the press box after him would be a bit ironic. With the exception of the establishment of the Goal Patrol, it has seemed that Reid has wanted to run the soccer program as some sort of secret society. For instance, it was always very difficult to gather any decent information on injured Husky players or how long they might be out for. Contrast this to the baseball program, where Chris Jones has something of an open ear with the coaching staff pertaining to information about players or whatever. Whether it is with YouTube interviews or whatever Chris Jones talks about during a WHUS baseball broadcast, there is plenty of information to be had about the baseball program and its players. This is simply not so with the men's soccer program despite the following it has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom