DeLone and Dez, together again | The Boneyard

DeLone and Dez, together again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well... Can't accuse GDL of hiding behind closed doors and for not accepting most responsibility. For many - no matter what he says other than "good-bye" won't be good enough.

Reaction Score
Yeah he hints at the players not being good. I can live without him.

My interpretation as well. He sort of takes responsibility but drops a hundred hints that indicate lack of talent is an issue.

Reaction Score
Yeah he hints at the players not being good. I can live without him.

My interpretation as well. He sort of takes responsibility but drops a hundred hints that indicate lack of talent is an issue.

It's not an issue? You can honestly say that the turnover on the line isn't part of the problem year over year? When you have to use your All Big East Tight End as a 6th or 7th blocker and diminish his play-making skills as a result - it's not a personnel issue? Cripes - if he didn't talk about personnel issues, others would be calling if a liar!

C'mon...

Reaction Score
"We're running the same exact blocking schemes we ran a year ago when we had the leading rusher in the Big East and a tremendous running game that was the strength of our ballclub," DeLeone said.

Come on Dez get your head out of your butt and challenge nonsense comments. Uconn was 97th in rushing offense at 118 yards a game and in the BE were only ahead of Rutgers, that was "tremendous"? And i guess Isaiah Pead from Cin's 1,259 yards last year were somehow less than LM's 1,151 and Isaiah did it with almost 40 fewer carries.

Deleone is dillusional and Dez is his enabler.

Reaction Score
If McCombs averages averages about 85 yds per game for the last 2 games it puts him roughly at 950 yds for the season, about 200 yds less than last year.

So with an improved passing game and a running game not far behind last year's (with Delorenzo's yds and others this year it may be pretty close), why haven't we gotten better?

Again with an improved passing game and nearly the same production with the running game, why do we look like we are going backward?

Could it be the coaching?

Why does it appear the other team's defense seem to know what it coming, and in one game, were actually calling out the plays before the ball was snapped.

Talent or coaching?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's not an issue? You can honestly say that the turnover on the line isn't part of the problem year over year? When you have to use your All Big East Tight End as a 6th or 7th blocker and diminish his play-making skills as a result - it's not a personnel issue? Cripes - if he didn't talk about personnel issues, others would be calling if a liar!

C'mon...

That being his opinion doesn't bother me. Dropping hints in media, in an interview where you are pretending to take the blame?

He's just awful. Please go away.

Reaction Score
"We're running the same exact blocking schemes we ran a year ago when we had the leading rusher in the Big East and a tremendous running game that was the strength of our ballclub," DeLeone said.

Come on Dez get your head out of your butt and challenge nonsense comments. Uconn was 97th in rushing offense at 118 yards a game and in the BE were only ahead of Rutgers, that was "tremendous"? And i guess Isaiah Pead from Cin's 1,259 yards last year were somehow less than LM's 1,151 and Isaiah did it with almost 40 fewer carries.

Pead was a beast but his rushing yards totals also include yards from Cincy's bowl game. McCombs obviously doesn't include a bowl game.

"RB Lyle McCombs leads the BIG EAST in rushing through the end of the regular season. McCombs has rushed for 1,151 yards this season, good for fourth all-time by a BIG EAST freshman."

That is not to say that GDL is not delusional @ times ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well... Can't accuse GDL of hiding behind closed doors and for not accepting most responsibility. For many - no matter what he says other than "good-bye" won't be good enough.
??????????????????

Are you claiming that if someone performs his job duties well below what should be expected, considering the importance of the position, his experience and compensation, saying "yes it is my fault" is sufficient to maintain the job? No coach anywhere would have ever been fired if this were the standard.

Reaction Score
??????????????????

Are you claiming that if someone performs his job duties well below what should be expected, considering the importance of the position, his experience and compensation, saying "yes it is my fault" is sufficient to maintain the job? No coach anywhere would have ever been fired if this were the standard.

Where did I say that - nice try! I'm not "claiming" anything - i said he's not hiding from the issue and accepts responsibility for the shortfalls.

I have no control whether he stays or not - someone else's worry. I also don't know how well below his boss or his boss's boss expectation his performance is. I'm not the bad guy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You stated "For many - no matter what he says other than "good-bye" won't be good enough.". If I was wrong in interpreting that as your believing his taking responsibility should be sufficient to not need to say goodbye, I apologize, but in all candor, I don't see any other way to interpret it.

Reaction Score
It didnt really seem like he was taking responsibility at all to me.
He said the scheme was "not the problem", and he didnt mention play-calling as an issue.
Scheme, and play-calling are his 2 major areas on gameday. he's saying neither are the issue.
What does that leave ?

Reaction Score
You stated "For many - no matter what he says other than "good-bye" won't be good enough.". If I was wrong in interpreting that as your believing his taking responsibility should be sufficient to not need to say goodbye, I apologize, but in all candor, I don't see any other way to interpret it.

GDL gives his thoughts/responses/insight in a conversation that at this point in the season he doesn't have to do. He answers a question that nothing has changed in the o-line scheme year over year that many (including you and i) have openly wondered about. So unless he is bold face lying (or Des is making up) that is something to think about. My point was that no matter what he says, some here will just turn a deaf ear to it.A this point some don't want explanations/excuses/ theory - they just want him to say goodbye and even then he will be criticized for how he says it.

Reaction Score
It didnt really seem like he was taking responsibility at all to me.
He said the scheme was "not the problem", and he didnt mention play-calling as an issue.
Scheme, and play-calling are his 2 major areas on gameday. he's saying neither are the issue.
What does that leave ?

I'm not defending GDL (we need a change) but the rational discussions/leap to judgement on this board can be maddening. Read what you wrote - you say he didn't mention play-calling as an issue - so then how is he saying it's not the issue?

Reaction Score

I just read it again and not once did he say "I" need to do a better job. It was always we, with the implication, that it was the players and him.

The crap that it's the same blocking scheme as last year so that's not the problem is a huge red flag. HUGE......

Reaction Score
I just read it again and not once did he say "I" need to do a better job. It was always we, with the implication, that it was the players and him.

The crap that it's the same blocking scheme as last year so that's not the problem is a huge red flag. HUGE......

I agree. I think a lot of coaches talk in "we/team" terms but in this case some "I's" would have been welcome.

I should have just stayed away from making a comment in this thread. I would have been better off! I will never learn to avoid the toxicity of certain topics.

Reaction Score
At the very very least, he should be demoted let him be the Asst to the deputy Head Coach.

So he feels bad about not doing a good job and he's sorry. So what? HE NEEDS TO GO. And so does Pasqualoni for hiring a guy who has a terrible track record even if they are best friends.

Reaction Score
GDL gives his thoughts/responses/insight in a conversation that at this point in the season he doesn't have to do. He answers a question that nothing has changed in the o-line scheme year over year that many (including you and i) have openly wondered about. So unless he is bold face lying (or Des is making up) that is something to think about. My point was that no matter what he says, some here will just turn a deaf ear to it.A this point some don't want explanations/excuses/ theory - they just want him to say goodbye and even then he will be criticized for how he says it.

Nothing has changed with the offensive line? Thats's a bold faced lie, and you are a sucker for believing him.

The offensive line coach changed. You don't think two different coaches will teach in different ways? Even if if they are teaching the same scheme? Oh ok. You are being a .

We don't call audibles at the line. So who do you think is calling protections? Whitmer? Foley? Edsall's Ghost? Nope. DeLeone.

We used to let Bones call protection packages at the line. And that worked better than Dummy DeLeone. He needs to take a hike.

Reaction Score

i don't think he's delusional, i just think he's not very good. he seems self aware of how poorly he's done.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Kitchen is heating up again ...love it!

Reaction Score

Deleone needs to go. He sucks, but I see huge disconnect with how every thing this staff says is scrutinized as opposed to the previous coach. At least deleone says we, instead of "we told them what to do they just didn't execute." That was the mantra here for a long time.

Deleone needs to go. P may have to go with him, killing deleone for not coming out and saying he deserves to be fired really seems like piling on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom