Delle Donne to Have Surgery on Thumb | The Boneyard

Delle Donne to Have Surgery on Thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
A moment of silence please for the Sky's playoff chances.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
WOW

I agree, their chances in the playoffs are now slim to none, and Slim just left town ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Huge injury and very bad for WNBA metrics. Big fan. So sad. I didn't read of any in game injury. Practice? Don't tell me she was dicing tomatoes.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Huge injury and very bad for WNBA metrics. Big fan. So sad. I didn't read of any in game injury. Practice? Don't tell me she was dicing tomatoes.

Happened Wednesday against the Mystics. She played only 8 minutes and never returned to the game. Tamera Young also was hurt in the first half of the game and also has not played since. It was no surprise that, having lost both starting forwards to injury, the Sky got pasted 118-81 in that game.

Totally awful as a Sky fan. Elena was on fire after the Olympic break and after tinkering with various lineups all year the Sloot-Cappie-Young-EDD-Boyette starting lineup won 4 straight. Then this. Blech.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
May be similar to Natalie's injury last fall - when she missed the next game I began to suspect something like that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
First, I'm happy that Elena was able to have her Olympic experience in Rio. Life can be fragile.

Second, I'm sorry to hear that surgery is required. Best wishes, EDD!

Third, she was moving up the MVP voting, in my opinion. I think there are only 3 serious candidates now: Nneka, Maya, and Tina.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
First, I'm happy that Elena was able to have her Olympic experience in Rio. Life can be fragile.

Second, I'm sorry to hear that surgery is required. Best wishes, EDD!

Third, she was moving up the MVP voting, in my opinion. I think there are only 3 serious candidates now: Nneka, Maya, and Tina.
In fairness, though, how can you not throw Stewie in the mix there for that? Seattle was one of the worst teams in the league last year. Add Stewie, and after a slow start, they are coming on strong and are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Compare that to LA who is 4-6, Minny who is 9-1, and NYL who are 5-5. I believe you not only have to look at the entire season, but also think that it's not the best player in the league who wins - it's the most valuable player to her team. Given LA's implosion, I don't see how Nneka can realistically be considered any kind of favorite, unless people agree it's not MVP but rather MOP (most outstanding player).

Any NY has been no great shakes either so IMHO, with no EDD, it seems like it should be closer between Maya and Stewie.

Reaction Score
Did anyone see an article or announcement from the league about their top superstar's injury? I looked for news when I didn't see her in subsequent line-up's, but nothing.

Anyone care to write the league and tell them that they do have fans, and their fans would like to know why a superstar suddenly disappears from the line-up? Seems to be a pattern here.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Did anyone see an article or announcement from the league about their top superstar's injury? I looked for news when I didn't see her in subsequent line-up's, but nothing.

Anyone care to write the league and tell them that they do have fans, and their fans would like to know why a superstar suddenly disappears from the line-up? Seems to be a pattern here.

I agree. Just like when Morgan went down. Days of nothing.

Reaction Score
I agree. Just like when Morgan went down. Days of nothing.
Stewie finally got player of the week in the West, which is Harder, with most of the best teams, and players over there. Guess Stewie might end up being pretty good in the WNBA.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Stewie finally got player of the week in the West, which is Harder, with most of the best teams, and players over there. Guess Stewie might end up being pretty good in the WNBA.
Ya think?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In fairness, though, how can you not throw Stewie in the mix there for that? Seattle was one of the worst teams in the league last year. Add Stewie, and after a slow start, they are coming on strong and are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Compare that to LA who is 4-6, Minny who is 9-1, and NYL who are 5-5. I believe you not only have to look at the entire season, but also think that it's not the best player in the league who wins - it's the most valuable player to her team. Given LA's implosion, I don't see how Nneka can realistically be considered any kind of favorite, unless people agree it's not MVP but rather MOP (most outstanding player).

Any NY has been no great shakes either so IMHO, with no EDD, it seems like it should be closer between Maya and Stewie.
There is always confusion about whether it's really MVP or MOP. If it's the best player on the best team, it's Maya. If it's the best player, I think there are 5-7 whom one could consider. If it's who is having the best season--as if often is--Nneka's historic shooting percentage puts her at or near the top. If it's how much the player helps the team, several are under consideration. Maya has Sylvia, Nneka has Candace, Tina has Sugar, Stewie has Sue, but I'm not sure that Elena has a second star to rely on.

I think in the eyes of the voters, there is a tendency to decide early, which his unfortunate. I think Nneka was likely the leader at the Olympic break. Since then, she has edged down because of L.A.'s record, Candace dropped, Diana dropped, Elena jumped, Sue and Stewie moved up, and Maya and Tina probably edged up.

There are still about 3 games left. My ranking, subject to change, is:

Nneka, Maya, Tina, Elena, Stewie, Angel, Sue.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tina with the most Player of the Weeks (dont wanna use initial with this) should be considered the lead for the POY/MOP/MYP

Reaction Score
There is always confusion about whether it's really MVP or MOP. If it's the best player on the best team, it's Maya. If it's the best player, I think there are 5-7 whom one could consider. If it's who is having the best season--as if often is--Nneka's historic shooting percentage puts her at or near the top. If it's how much the player helps the team, several are under consideration. Maya has Sylvia, Nneka has Candace, Tina has Sugar, Stewie has Sue, but I'm not sure that Elena has a second star to rely on.

I think in the eyes of the voters, there is a tendency to decide early, which his unfortunate. I think Nneka was likely the leader at the Olympic break. Since then, she has edged down because of L.A.'s record, Candace dropped, Diana dropped, Elena jumped, Sue and Stewie moved up, and Maya and Tina probably edged up.

There are still about 3 games left. My ranking, subject to change, is:

Nneka, Maya, Tina, Elena, Stewie, Angel, Sue.

Elena has Cappie and Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS