Della Donna loving Aubrey Griffin | The Boneyard

Della Donna loving Aubrey Griffin

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If posted before, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Otherwise enjoy. UCONN is loaded even with Meg going pro. I must say I was concerned about Griffin, however, I see another Griffin on the videos. Loads of confidence! Della Donna likes Aubrey a lot. But Tiff Hayes? Maybe?! See video below at the 1:38 mark and forward. Da kid looks ACES!!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can explain EDD’s assessment of Aubrey’s game in 3 words: game recognizes game. ;)

We‘ve all heard of the admonition of "never try to con a con.” Good players in all sports recognize other exceptional/elite players when they see one, in addition to appreciating their often remarkable skill set.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So much for BYers having any memory here. on this thread! So...
For the record, it's Delle Donne (2 e's, no a's).
If Elena respected Geno so much, why did she transfer so quickly (that's a rhetorical question that does not need to be answered), to wit I find it dubious to say NO ONE respects more as I can name any number of UConn players who stayed 4 years and played for him that would leap frog Elena. That doesn't mean Elena does not respect Geno, just that I think there are significantly more players whose actions belie that respect better than EDD. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So much for BYers having any memory here. on this thread! So...
For the record, it's Delle Donne (2 e's, no a's).
If Elena respected Geno so much, why did she transfer so quickly (that's a rhetorical question that does not need to be answered), to wit I find it dubious to say NO ONE respects more as I can name any number of UConn players who stayed 4 years and played for him that would leap frog Elena. That doesn't mean Elena does not respect Geno, just that I think there are significantly more players whose actions belie that respect better than EDD. ;)

My assessment is based on EDD's many quotes from picking UConn to win the 2013 NC game against ND after losing 3 times in season to her many very complementary quotes in her USA Olympic team experiences of Geno.

When I use 'No One', it was not literal but a literary device for emphasis and I was not comparing to UConn Alumnae who clearly have more tangible reasons to admire Geno but among the people not coming from the UConn program, she is as complementary and respectful as anyone I have heard

And we all know why EDD left UConn. If Geno can forgive and understand, I think we can.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
And we all know why EDD left UConn. If Geno can forgive and understand, I think we can.
Actually, I never really knew. She was before my time. I've just heard bits and snatches which don't cohere.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1586858838007.png

This is why I respect EDD for leaving UConn. Yeah we didn't get 2 or 3 more nattys but some things are more important

Reaction Score
View attachment 53039

This is why I respect EDD for leaving UConn. Yeah we didn't get 2 or 3 more nattys but some things are more important
Saw EDD play numerous times in college. While I respect her personal agendas, she sat out a year, played for a below average team in a poor league and still developed her skills into one of the best. All that and overcoming Lyme disease - a lot to like.

Reaction Score
Actually, I never really knew. She was before my time. I've just heard bits and snatches which don't cohere.
Among the various emotions that affect everyone young person leaving home for the start of college, she was reportedly especially affected by being separated from her sister. She had a very close bond to Lizzie, who was born deaf and blind, with cerebral palsy and autism. She chose to play for Delaware in part to be closer to home, a tough choice for UConn, but one entirely understandable giving her sibling bond.
What Lizzie Has Taught Me | By Elena Delle Donne

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom