Delany Was Asked About Napier's Comment About Food | The Boneyard

Delany Was Asked About Napier's Comment About Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Delany was also asked to respond to the comment that Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier, whose Huskies won the national championship this year, that he sometimes goes to bed starving because he cannot afford food.
“I was surprised by that comment,” Delany said. “I’ve been around athletics for a long time – as a student athlete on scholarship, as an employee of the NCAA, as an investigator, 10 years as commissioner of the Ohio Valley Conference and 25 years here. All I can say is that was a very surprising comment because as I travel around our campuses, as we meet with students in a variety of circumstances, it’s the only time I’ve heard that comment.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/04...e-brandon-vows-to-fight-for-collegiate-model/

Reaction Score
On the bright side, he views our school as big time.

Reaction Score
I don't think Delany ever heard it because he never went around asking people if they were hungry. It's ridiculous for people to question the comment. Shabazz lacks pocket money sometimes. After practicing, going to class, lifting and wandering campus, you need calories. These guys need to eat more often than 3 times per day and when your schedule is so full, late night hunger is an obvious possibility. Kids with some cash just go get some food, kids with no cash don't. That's college.

Bazz was saying, "I wish I had some cash. It would make things easier and it seems fair since I create tons of revenue." Anyone arguing his point is just being stubborn or stupid.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The rats in the AAC aren't as appetizing to the filets of the B1G.

Reaction Score
Looks like the comment struck home. Delany needs to educate himself.

Reaction Score
I don't think Delany ever heard it because he never went around asking people if they were hungry. It's ridiculous for people to question the comment. Shabazz lacks pocket money sometimes. After practicing, going to class, lifting and wandering campus, you need calories. These guys need to eat more often than 3 times per day and when your schedule is so full, late night hunger is an obvious possibility. Kids with some cash just go get some food, kids with no cash don't. That's college.

Bazz was saying, "I wish I had some cash. It would make things easier and it seems fair since I create tons of revenue." Anyone arguing his point is just being stubborn or stupid.

I can believe this. I only had pocket money in college because I worked while in school. If I didn't, I would be flat broke after about a month of living on the student loan reimbursements. Also, the dining halls at UConn close fairly early (some a bit later than others) and the union shut down at 11 p.m. Thank god for DP Dough and Wings or I would be in the same boat going to bed a few hours later than that every night.

Reaction Score
I'm certain a college athlete burns a bit more calories an hour than the typical poster on here. I'm basically sedentary, and I still get hungry at 11 pm. Imagine if I had a reasonable metabolism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom