Deja Vu all over again ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Deja Vu all over again ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Losing on a prayer shot. Nothing you can do about that. But this game left me with the same feeling as the Cinci game. Valiant effort, great run, just couldn't quite sustain it.
  2. Who is this guy working with Thompson, and when did he graduate from Witchita State?
  3. I actually like JT3 as an announcer, but he sounded like he was rooting for whichever team was ahead at any given moment.
  4. Brendan's seriously tight man D on McDuffy earned him extended minutes, which resulted in some bonus 3s. Kid's starting to show he belongs.
  5. What happened to our offensive rebounding? We're still missing a ton of shots, so we've got plenty of O-board opportunities like usual, but didn't get any to speak of. None at all in the 1st half.
  6. From the 10 minute mark in the 1st half, we went on a run, but it was a slow run. Still going from 7 down at 9:30 to 9 up at 2:50 is a run no matter how long it takes.
  7. 14:46, Carlton gets called for a travel on a move a guard would almost never get called for.
  8. Smith made some great plays. But his great play to stupid mistake ratio may just be a wash.
  9. Have a feeling that in a way, next season started some time in the 2nd half against Cinci. This season is shot. But looking toward next season, that's when Alterique took ownership of this team, and it continued tonight. He's a different kind of player, but he's starting to look a lot like this team's Khalid, Kemba or Bazz. Awful that it happened in a loss, but Alterique's last 3 tonight, when he couldn't even walk, was the stuff of legendary UConn players. History of injuries or not, AG is a man, and exactly the player I'm looking forward to watching lead us through the formative years of the Hurley era.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Overall, the refs were not as bad as typical for this year but there were a couple back breakers last night.

Final two minutes or so, a WSU player wildly drives and basically hands the ball to Carlton. Foul on Vital who wasn’t really involved in the play.

There were a couple other very weak fouls on WSU shots down the stretch. One on a And1 midrange jumper.

Given the way they were calling fouls down the stretch I can not believe there was no foul on Al’s tying 3.

The Big Euro got away with a half dozen or so clothesline screens before they finally called one. He also had two very physical hedges on a possession at the end of the first half where we’ve seen Cobb and Carlton get called for fouls time and time again.

IMO the turning point for this season was the Arizona game. If we pulled that out we win most of these close games that slipped away. Letting that game get away perpetuated the losing habits of the last two years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Final two minutes or so, a WSU player wildly drives and basically hands the ball to Carlton. Foul on Vital who wasn’t really involved in the play.

That was a foul. They called it on Carlton at first (did they change it?)
and it wasnt a foul on Carlton, but someone swiped down on the guy before he got to Carlton and fumbled the ball.

Given the way they were calling fouls down the stretch I can not believe there was no foul on Al’s tying 3.

That WAS a foul.

Reaction Score
That was a foul. They called it on Carlton at first (did they change it?)
and it wasnt a foul on Carlton, but someone swiped down on the guy before he got to Carlton and fumbled the ball.

Yet when AG drove in the first half, same thing happened to him...they called him for a travel.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see Badams keep getting more of tarin’s minutes because that’s a major way to help him develop and get better. He’s feeling more comfortable out there because he’s gotten more experience and it looks like the jitters have left and the shots are starting to drop for him. Almost a 10 point game yesterday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom