Defensive Adjustments | The Boneyard

Defensive Adjustments

Reaction Score
No stats to back this up, but just a pure viewing observation. Hurley made an incredible adjustment in terms of individual defensive adjustment.

I remember in the last month screaming "stay on your feet" more times than I can count. In addition, many teams used to beat us by spreading the floor and going 1v1 against our stout length and athleticism. And they would beat us, tough shots would constantly fall.

Over the last couple of games, the player falling for the pump fame has been few and far between. Pure adjustment and ability of our guys to trust their length.

Additionally, in the game today they pointed out the strategy of showing help defense. Burned us a few times with open 3s. But I felt out individual post defense has improved immensely. Hawkins especially. Good adjustment being made from the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
We sell out for blocks a ton on defense, and it generally works. Not a strategy that works against Villanova and they clearly emphasized that. Only 4 blocks and I would have guessed it was even fewer, the only one I remember was Hawkins

Reaction Score
Felt like Villanova couldn’t miss from 3 for most of the second half, too. that was some bad luck.

What a great effort, felt Sanogo was amazing on man to man D, too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom