Defense beat Nova | The Boneyard

Defense beat Nova

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I stated we had 4 scorers and Villanova had 1. It turned out Villanova had 2 scorers and we had 2 scorers, hence the defense pulled us through to the win. I didn't care how we won, just that we won. When Uconn gets one or two of our points sitting on the bench back and gets us get some points so the super 5 can get the rest they need, we will be O.K. I'm not worried about Providence , but SC is going to be like TENN and Villanova combined. It's doable , but will take a monumental effort. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I stated we had 4 scorers and Villanova had 1. It turned out Villanova had 2 scorers and we had 2 scorers, hence the defense pulled us through to the win. I didn't care how we won, just that we won. When Uconn gets one or two of our points sitting on the bench back and gets us get some points so the super 5 can get the rest they need, we will be O.K. I'm not worried about Providence , but SC is going to be like TENN and Villanova combined. It's doable , but will take a monumental effort. GO HUSKIES!!!
It will take a well rested team, not like last night.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yes, defense. After the first Quarter it became clear we weren't going to score a lot of points.
BUT we held Siegrist to just 2 baskets in the 4th Quarter!!
In my mind that was the difference in the game.
@TheObvious , I believe you are correct in your analysis. @DavidinNaples has a post today that backs up your point, at least as far as the final 8 minutes. You both were in the same chapter, if not on the same page. And BTW, you are not a Captain, are you? :eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It will take a well rested team, not like last night.
They have 3 days between the Nova game and the Providence game, then almost 4 days before the SC game, that should help on the rest. I believe that if UConn can play their offense against SC they have a good chance of winning because I don't think SC has played anyone close to the speed and tenacity of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Yes, defense. After the first Quarter it became clear we weren't going to score a lot of points.
BUT we held Siegrist to just 2 baskets in the 4th Quarter!!
In my mind that was the difference in the game.
Just like they did to Catlin in second half, DePaul, Tennessee. They have so much Grit.
Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
They have 3 days between the Nova game and the Providence game, then almost 4 days before the SC game, that should help on the rest. I believe that if UConn can play their offense against SC they have a good chance of winning because I don't think SC has played anyone close to the speed and tenacity of the Huskies.
I, too like our chances, on the condition we win the battle up front - rebounds, and limiting Boston’s touches. The opponents that have played them fairly close, did exactly that…or tried to. We can win the inside game, but, we have to be the more physical team (play like Jamelle!) the entire game, oh, and have somebody staying with Cooke, who, from time to time, can light it up from outside. But, let’s take care of the Friars first.:cool:

Reaction Score

SC definitely has not played anyone like the Husky's.

Reaction Score
Defense like we saw in the final minutes of the Nova game could be the determining factor in a win against SCar if it can be maintained for the majority of the 40 minutes. Is that possible? I'd like to think so. Over the years I've seen spectacular performances by UConn in the face of adversity (but not with only 5 impact players).

Reaction Score
If the teams perform close to recent averages, it will be a close game. Per Massey,
SCar defense is ranked #1, offense #8
Uconn defense and offense are ranked #4.

Reaction Score
Defense like we saw in the final minutes of the Nova game could be the determining factor in a win against SCar if it can be maintained for the majority of the 40 minutes. Is that possible? I'd like to think so. Over the years I've seen spectacular performances by UConn in the face of adversity (but not with only 5 impact players).
Black (home) jerseys for UCONN on Sunday?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom