Defense bails out Huskies (J. Silver) | The Boneyard

Defense bails out Huskies (J. Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>Geremy Davis came into the locker room after a 19-16 win over Stony Brook on Saturday and went to every member he could find on the defense and thanked them. “I went to the 12 plus guys on defense and shook all their hands,” Davis said. “That was because of you guys. I was just happy. They were making critical third down stops. (The offense) weren’t capitalizing. I shook every guy who played. That’s how I felt said — ‘Thank You.'”<<

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/defense-bails-out-huskies/

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That kid has a really bright future. And not just because most of the balls thrown his way end up near the sun.

Reaction Score
He also deserves someone else on the team that can catch so he isn't wearing a blanket of defenders everytime the ball is thgrown his way

Reaction Score
He also deserves someone else on the team that can catch so he isn't wearing a blanket of defenders everytime the ball is thgrown his way

Calvin Johnson has the same problems and seems like he is still always making plays. Is Geremy Davis the next Megatron? Probably not, but Davis like Johnson makes plays even with 2 or 3 defenders on him. I think he's going to have more yards than last year. I'm saying around 1200 yards with 8 TD's. The only reason the offense did anything today outside of a couple good runs, was because Davis was making catches. Hopefully we can establish a better run game so the play action can open up some more opportunities for Davis.

Reaction Score
It seemed anytime the ball was thrown he was the target. Kamal dropped one big throw that I remember. McQuillan another. Costly drops and a TON of poor over throws. Whitmer has no touch or accuracy. He made two nice throws to note, the TD throw and his first pass of the game. That's all I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom