Defending UConn-Pick Your Poison | The Boneyard

Defending UConn-Pick Your Poison

Reaction Score
If you were a coach, how would you attempt to defend the Huskies? Would you alternate from zone to man? Would you pick them up all over the court (big mistake in my opinion)?
Here are some basic things I would try (at the moment) if I was having to coach vs UConn. First, I would hope that the officiating allows some physical play and that my team has a somewhat deep bench. I must also factor in that it could backfire big-time and I will lose by 50 (which I would have with another strategy anyway).
Here goes:
* Double team Pheesa whenever possible in the low block. Give her no room. Front her/ be physical.
* My quickest and hopefully best defenders are inside Kia and Saniya jerseys all night. No room to breathe
* Let Lou have her 3's (someone will be open )..
* Give Gabby open looks from 15 feet, just don't allow her in the lanes

Letting Lou shoot could be suicide but, let's face it, save one game she has struggled for awhile. While Lou's body language is good, I think this is more than an "off night". Kia and Saniya have been a lot better so make the cold hand beat you. Gabby driving the lane is unstoppable however, she will take those 15 footers if you let her. As an opposing coach, I would rather see those than see her rising to the rim. Pheesa can be a good passer but, as Geno says, she would rather shoot, smother her whenever you can.

What would you all do?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom