Deepest Condolences | The Boneyard

Deepest Condolences

Reaction Score
From all of us at the BY, and the Tuthill's in particular, to Coach Edsall and Family. While some us have been critical over the years, we want you to know it is only because we care passionately. At the end of the day we appreciate all that you do and will remain fans.

Reaction Score
Nothing is more disheartening then losing your mom. Deepest condolences to Coach & his family. I have a suggestion for UConn. During the annual "Breast Cancer Awareness" game, if it's not already done, have collection boxes inside all gates to the RENT & throughout the concourse. Then let's give generously & have UConn direct the proceeds in Coach's Mom's name to the UCONN Health Center's oncology department. We've all lost loved ones or friends to Cancer. More money for its research or financial aid for recovery of its victims is a must & appreciated.

Reaction Score
Sincere condolences to coach Edsall. The team played their tails off yesterday for him. I was proud of the effort as were many of us who were there watching and on TV.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My deepest condolences on to Randy and his family. I have the utmost respect for him that for him that he continued to coach the game notwithstanding his loss. People have been critical of Randy, and certainly some of it is justified, but he is at his best when things are at their worst as we saw with the Jazz Howard tragedy. You can be critical of him as a coach, but it’s hard to see how anyone can’t respect him as a man.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing is more disheartening then losing your mom. Deepest condolences to Coach & his family. I have a suggestion for UConn. During the annual "Breast Cancer Awareness" game, if it's not already done, have collection boxes inside all gates to the RENT & throughout the concourse. Then let's give generously & have UConn direct the proceeds in Coach's Mom's name to the UCONN Health Center's oncology department. We've all lost loved ones or friends to Cancer. More money for its research or financial aid for recovery of its victims is a must & appreciated.
Great idea. Randy, Corey, and the rest of the Edsall family, may you find some peace at this difficult time.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Second that. We find out later this afternoon what the treatment will be for my wife’s rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer. We have hope because it was discovered during a routine physical and she shows no signs yet. Her type of cancer requires much research. Survivor rate is low but not impossible. Too many others in my life and I suspect all of our lives have been affected by this disease. There have been many strides in treatment but much remains to be done. Condolences to the Edsall family.

Reaction Score
Best wishes to your wife, and you, as your job now is to keep her spirits up and attitude positive. Early detection is good, and attitude is also important due to its effect on the immune system.

I've been down that road with Stage 3 colon cancer, surgery and three courses of chemotherapy (including the addition of an experimental drug to the usual two) after the surgery. A friend, who had it at the same time and went to chemo treatments at the same place, was bitter and angry and didn't make it beyond a year. Who knows for sure why our fates were different. There could be many reasons but two stand out.

It could have been the experimental drug I took or maybe how bitter he was at having the disease, but all you can do is control what you can and see what happens. Support, but not pity, from family and friends is important.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sad day for the Edsall family. It puts the game in perspective. Condolences and best wishes to the Edsall family and friends, which should include all UConn alums, fans and staff.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Second that. We find out later this afternoon what the treatment will be for my wife’s rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer. We have hope because it was discovered during a routine physical and she shows no signs yet. Her type of cancer requires much research. Survivor rate is low but not impossible. Too many others in my life and I suspect all of our lives have been affected by this disease. There have been many strides in treatment but much remains to be done. Condolences to the Edsall family.

Hoping for the best for your wife, Cohenzone. Lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in April. Cancer research improves every day, so stay positive because there's hope...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hoping for the best for your wife, Cohenzone. Lost my dad to pancreatic cancer in April. Cancer research improves every day, so stay positive because there's hope...
We are lucky in one way. We are able to use Sloan Kettering and her (and my) support is very wide from both family and friends. It’s tough as you know, but we are working hard to keep her positive. She’s a fighter for other people. Now it’s time for her to put herself first. Condolences to you.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We are lucky in one way. We are able to use Sloan Kettering and her (and my) support is very wide from both family and friends. It’s tough as you know, but we are working hard to keep her positive. She’s a fighter for other people. Now it’s time for her to put herself first. Condolences to you.

Thanks, my friend. And it sounds like you've got a good situation set up to help her fight. I'm looking forward to when you re-post here telling me that her record against cancer is undefeated... :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I said a prayer for you and your wife. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

Reaction Score
Cancer got my parents! My father had cancer of the bladder. Doctors discovered it in 1993, gave him 6 months...my dad died in 2008 on Valentine's Day ( would be their 56th), in 2016, mom found out she had stomach cancer, died 6 months later. My ex girlfriend's son had leukemia...he died at 9...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom