Deep Dive Article by Marc Anthony on Aaliyah Edwards. | The Boneyard

Deep Dive Article by Marc Anthony on Aaliyah Edwards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What a beautiful soul

Most interesting perhaps is how Geno started the recruiting process

Jackie Edwards remembers the first call from Geno Auriemma, who had seen Aaliyah play at a camp during the 2019 Final Four in Tampa.

“He said, ‘I watched her run up and down the court unlike anybody else’ and he said she was like a woman playing against girls,” Jackie Edwards said. “He went on to say Aaliyah was the one who, when there was an injury before halftime and everybody was running to the changing room, she doubled back to make sure an opposing athlete was OK. He said she subbed out with a smile and took the court with a smile. He said those are the things you can’t coach. Then he said, ‘I just want an opportunity to be in the mix. I’m asking you for the opportunity to recruit her.’”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there a way to read these articles without a subscription? I live in VA and don’t have access to papers and don’t want to subscribe to CT news online. Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction Score
Is there a way to read these articles without a subscription? I live in VA and don’t have access to papers and don’t want to subscribe to CT news online. Any help would be appreciated!
Just right click on the link and read it in Incognito mode or window.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know this thread is about Aliyah, but I loved Kia’s focus the first time I saw her play in Bridgeport for Team Canada. When her professional career is complete, I hope she has an opportunity to coach at UConn, possibly as Head Coach one day.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Aaliyah IS SPECIAL!!! If you can't see it now, it will dawn on you over the next 3 years. She gets and has "IT."
An excellent story. Now we know how and why Aaliyah is so tough and grounded. She's at UConn playing for Geno, but she's also playing for someone else, and has been since 2017. Is there any doubt that her jersey will be on the wall in Gampel before she leaves? :rolleyes:

Thanks eebmg, you knocked this one out of the park. ;)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Liya is already special, but she's going to be really amazing down the road. She may be our key player in the post-season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric and I have always thought both Liya and Nika were underrated by HoopGurlz. Liya seems top 5-8 and Nika seems top 8-15.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
With her now first sub in the team has improved dramatically, that and her learning how to play without fouling.. Even though this is about her the 3 freshmen have been great and improving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom