Dee as coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dee as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look, Dee is obviously both the GOAT and a UConn icon but the simple truth of why she didn’t play in that final, a game that we should have lost from all I can see, (but for some very friendly whistles from the refs) was because, for whatever reason, (and this is the first time I’ve heard a whiff about an injury) she had played absolutely horrendously throughout her entire Olympic stay! She averaged 1 point, 0.8 rebounds, 1.2 assists, on 11.1% shooting, 16.7% from three, in 11.2 minutes!

As painful as it is to say it, she didn’t play because the coaching staff couldn’t afford to play her in a game that close! Lord knows I agree that Cheryl Reeves (and quite a few other WNBA coaches) is just not a very good coach but in this case, not playing Dee in the final, she really had no choice! We were extremely fortunate to win that game! Ironically, we won because we had A’ja Wilson and Stewie, and they didn’t! Plum and Copper chipped in as well but Wilson was the big dog in that game and deserves the lion’s share of the credit!
This is spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds