Decreasing Content Concerns | The Boneyard

Decreasing Content Concerns

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Noticing that this part of the board is very slow. Seems it should be otherwise given restricted activities and no real sports.

Many of us are trying new TV shows, Movies, or rewatching things. I'm trying to read a little more, playing some video games too. But this will get worse, as new TV shows and movies aren't being filmed. There really won't be a fall TV season, and new movie releases are already giving us almost nothing good, which is only going to get worse. Sports may help fill that void, but there is risk that a lot of it won't happen. Meanwhile, normal human in person social activity is limited as well. I am not sure when we will have a neighborhood poker game again.

How do you think people will fill this void? What is the mental toll that this takes over time? Seems like people are more on edge than in the past.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think there are a bunch of movies "in the can" as they say. That is they are completed, but release dates keep getting pushed back. Obviously the studios want to be able to release them to theaters to make back the money they dumped into making them. Hopefully at some point going to theaters will be an option again, but we don't really seem to be getting closer to that. If not, at some point I guess a whole bunch of content will get dumped thru streaming platforms or on DVD at Redbox or whatever. Pretty much everything that would've hit theaters from late March/April til now is still out there. And probably most of the films that were planned for fall release are near complete, done with filming but doing post production stuff.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Noticing that this part of the board is very slow. Seems it should be otherwise given restricted activities and no real sports.

Many of us are trying new TV shows, Movies, or rewatching things. I'm trying to read a little more, playing some video games too. But this will get worse, as new TV shows and movies aren't being filmed. There really won't be a fall TV season, and new movie releases are already giving us almost nothing good, which is only going to get worse. Sports may help fill that void, but there is risk that a lot of it won't happen. Meanwhile, normal human in person social activity is limited as well. I am not sure when we will have a neighborhood poker game again.

How do you think people will fill this void? What is the mental toll that this takes over time? Seems like people are more on edge than in the past.

I can watch old shows. Especially nostalgic stuff.

All the time.

Frankly I don’t miss sports nearly as much as I thought.

But admittedly that part of that is because of all the political nonsense they’re all trying to inject into it now.

I can also read books, Listen to podcasts etc. there’s so much to do now that it doesn’t bother me if they come back or get shut down. Plus I can do some writing of my own. I’ve been working on two books, maybe I can finally get Them done.

the Q

Reaction Score
I’m debating either going through Full House in its entirety or jam though white collar or Friday night lights again

Reaction Score
Watching Ozark, into season 2. The wife heard about it and liked it and the number of shows we both like are few and far between.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking of rewatching 1980's Mid-South Wrestling.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of rewatching 1980's Mid-South Wrestling.

dude. Mid 90s wcw.

the nwo storyline is the single best one in pro wrestling history.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the nwo storyline is the single best one in pro wrestling history.
The nWo was one of the reasons I quit wrestling 25 years ago, hated it and them. I didn't come back until Lucha Underground.

the Q

Reaction Score
The nWo was one of the reasons I quit wrestling 25 years ago, hated it and them. I didn't come back until Lucha Underground.

ok I have to ask why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom