DeCourcy Article | The Boneyard

DeCourcy Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Great read!

Juxtapose this with the offal that Parrish tried to pass off yesterday. Can I get a job pissing in everyone's cornflakes and calling it journalism? Who do you have to goose for that?

Reaction Score
Great read!

Juxtapose this with the offal that Parrish tried to pass off yesterday. Can I get a job pissing in everyone's cornflakes and calling it journalism? Who do you have to goose for that?
You get goosed for that job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great read!

offal - great word.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm bookmarking this

Reaction Score
Captures everything perfectly, from the traits that make him great to the low points to the uncertainty surrounding the program as he leaves. Really outstanding article.

Reaction Score
I hate to interrupt your little group hug but don't you find the use of this quote and the timing of the quote just a little hypocritical and inappropriate?

"I love the game. I love the kids. I love the competition. I love the basketball culture. You know its weaknesses right now, so many kids being attacked by runners and people like that. But there still are Caron Butler stories, watching these kids turn around. All the phone calls from my players during something like this ... those are the reasons I do it." —Calhoun, Sporting News, June 2008

Reaction Score
I have been like a lost little kid since I heard the news. Like someone told me the sun wasnt going to come up tomorrow. I knew he wasnt going to go forever but I have to say he was way more to me than the coach of my favorite basketball team. I cant describe it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good article about JC

This: "The Yahoo! Sports investigation that alleged UConn had facilitated a relationship between an agent—an agent who had been accused of malfeasance in dealings one of the Huskies’ greatest players, Richard Hamilton—and led the an NCAA infractions case;"

Finally a reporter making a statement essentially questioning why JC would ask an agent to handle Nate Miles when that agent screwed one of JC's favorite players.

Don't subscribe to the UNC problems and analogy. If he advocated for George Blaney then you have the analogy to Guthridge. Dougherty was Shaka Smart lite.

Reaction Score
I hate to interrupt your little group hug but don't you find the use of this quote and the timing of the quote just a little hypocritical and inappropriate?

"I love the game. I love the kids. I love the competition. I love the basketball culture. You know its weaknesses right now, so many kids being attacked by runners and people like that. But there still are Caron Butler stories, watching these kids turn around. All the phone calls from my players during something like this ... those are the reasons I do it." —Calhoun, Sporting News, June 2008

Reaction Score

Fishy, why is this guy not banned yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog