Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just for fun. My own picks

ALBANY: UConn, Md__, Loui, Ky_, Mich St
G-BORO: SoCar, UNC_, Stan, RU_, Syracuse
OKCITY: Texas, TxAM, Duke, Neb, Arkansas
SPOKNE: NDame, Cal_, Bayl, TN_, Ore St

The new rule that 2 conf teams can't be in the top 4 of the same region greatly reduces possibilities.

Reaction Score
Neb beat Duke tonight.
And the New Mexico team that challenged Stanford just lost by 49 to Texas.

Neb may need to move up to a 3, with Stanford falling to a 4.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Neb beat Duke tonight.
And the New Mexico team that challenged Stanford just lost by 49 to Texas.

Neb may need to move up to a 3, with Stanford falling to a 4.
How in the world did Stanford beat you guys?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Abused UConn's perimeter defense which got no help from behind, controlled the boards, hit a high percentage of threes, bottled up KML, triple-teamed Stewart, got a few very generous foul calls, benefited from unusual silly play from UConn...

Still, I have no idea.

Reaction Score
Cal being a 2 seed is a joke. They gave up 94 points to that West Coast juggernaut Sacramento State in a 13 point win. The loss dropped the Hornets to 1-5 on the season.

Edit: sorry vowel didn't realize they were your picks. Thought they were ESPN bracketology, I wouldn't have been so crude in the remarks.

Reaction Score
I was at the Cal game today and in fairness, Cal's super freshman, Mikayla Cowlings-the number 2 scorer so far- was wearing a walking boot and did not play. Sacramento State is better than their record. They run all the time, shoot within 10 seconds and were constantly rotating 5 players onto the court. I think Cal was getting a little tired. Brittany Boyd, a guard had an amazing line-11 points, 16 assists and nineteen rebounds. It's too early to tell where Cal will be seeded. We'll know a lot more after their game with Louisville.

Reaction Score
Cal being a 2 seed is a joke. They gave up 94 points to that West Coast juggernaut Sacramento State in a 13 point win. The loss dropped the Hornets to 1-5 on the season.

Edit: sorry vowel didn't realize they were your picks. Thought they were ESPN bracketology, I wouldn't have been so crude in the remarks.

Cal's most efficient shooter from long range and 15 PPG+ producer (last week's Pac FOY) was out today and they still dropped 107. 110 the other night. They are a very good team and it would have been much different playing Cowling at the wing instead of their 8th man. Please refrain from calling teams "jokes" and judging off one game when you do not know the circumstances. This is a very, very good team!

Reaction Score
Not sure Oxford's characterizing Cal as a "joke" for a possible number 2 seed is fair. Yes, thus far they've played a pretty easy schedule, but let's compare results against a recent common opponent, Creighton to provide some perspective. Both UConn and Cal played them at home. Uconn won 96-60, while Cal prevailed 94-69. The Bears' 5 woman bench (72 minutes) scored 34, while UConn's 5 woman bench scored 16 in 55 minutes.

Obviously such comparisons are somewhat meaningless, but to dismiss Cal as a "joke" seems a tad harsh. Maybe at season's end you'll be correct in your assessment, but Boyd and Gray are quite a senior tandem, and our talented freshman are already fitting in well. If the Bears remains healthy, I'm hoping for good things. In contrast to past seasons, our offense is firing on all cylinders and prior to today, was ranked #2 nationally in assists with 22.3 to OSU's 22.8. Today Cal dished 31 (Boyd with 16 of 'em). Who knows, perhaps a #2 seed is in within reach? It's a long season and as Ballhawk notes, the game with Louisville will be a good pre-conference yardstick.

Of course I expect, per usual, that UConn will nab a #1 seed. :)

Reaction Score

Good question! UCONN right now is not the same team that played Stanford. If they were to play today at Stanford UCONN would win by 25+.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was at the Cal game today and in fairness, Cal's super freshman, Mikayla Cowlings-the number 2 scorer so far- was wearing a walking boot and did not play. Sacramento State is better than their record. They run all the time, shoot within 10 seconds and were constantly rotating 5 players onto the court. I think Cal was getting a little tired. Brittany Boyd, a guard had an amazing line-11 points, 16 assists and nineteen rebounds. It's too early to tell where Cal will be seeded. We'll know a lot more after their game with Louisville.

The same Sacramento state that put up 94 on Cal has just 23 on Oregon State at the half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom