Debbie Fiske | The Boneyard

Debbie Fiske

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't back as far as some of you ( UConn WCBB wise, anyway), so I had to look up UConn color broadcaster Debbie Fiske. So, who remembers her? This is what I found:

UConn Broadcaster Debbie Fiske

I got to meet Debbie and her husband Tor at the Gulf Coast Showcase two years ago. We see each other occasionally at games and exchange hugs. She is a special, modest, family first person. What a great ambassador for UCONN basketball.

Reaction Score
All I can Rember is that Debbie is "One Of Our Girls" before there were "Our Girls". If she played for Geno, She is One Of Our Girls. And, she does a good job at coaching and at radio.

Reaction Score
I remember Debbie Baer Fiske very well. She was the pg on our 1991 first final four in New Orleans. That team was composed of Laura Lishness, Meagan Pattyson, Wendy Davis, Kerry Bascom, Debbie Baer plus others. We lost in the semi final game to VA. Dawn Staley and Tonya Cordoza were the guards for VA. Geno has had a very long connection to those TWO !! I was there and I thought we were going to WIN. But no....

Reaction Score
Debbie Baer Fiske had the largest and strongest hands of any player we ever had other than DT. No one ever took the ball away from her regardless of how big or strong they were. They might swing Debbie around but she still held onto the ball

Reaction Score
Debbie Baer Fiske had the largest and strongest hands of any player we ever had other than DT. No one ever took the ball away from her regardless of how big or strong they were. They might swing Debbie around but she still held onto the ball

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
My first year of UConn fandom was Debbie's senior year. For an admission price of $5 you could pretty much have your
pick of any seat in the lower bowl....a small center court section was roped off for season ticket folks.
Debbie was a very good pure point....she was not a 'pass first' point...she was a 'pass first/pass second/pass third' kinda guard.
It seemed like she never took a shot that was not an open lay-up. Rebecca in her frosh year at that point came off the bench...yikes!
Team was pretty good and made the tourney but I doubt that anybody had visions of going deep despite the year prior going to the final four...aided and
abetted by our first AA Kerry Bascom.

Reaction Score
Debbie Baer was a junior when I made my return to watching UConn women's basketball. The one thing she didn't do was score. She took care of the ball, she passed well, she played fine defense, and at one point she was pretty high on the list of career steals.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Been watching the Women's team since the Jean Balthaser days. Debbie was as blakeon18 said: a pass first, second and third point guard. She had an all everything player in Laura Lishness and a 'stud' in Kerry Bascom. Debbie ran the show but I remember thinking back then- she needs to take a shot from the outside to loosen the Defense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Debbie ran the show but I remember thinking back then- she needs to take a shot from the outside to loosen the Defense.

The D really used to sag off her but she really couldn't shoot very well at all. Solid in all other phases of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom