Debate Over For Now | The Boneyard

Debate Over For Now

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Svengali of Storrs comes down definitively :

Wish I could make out what is on the back of his T.

1597946687333.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And after a bit of time he'll have a Paige Buckets version.

Geno is probably fitting Paige with a completely blank T-shirt.. (or if Geno is feeling charitable, the Gatorade and McDonald Awards in 10 pt font)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Haven't seen anyone talk about it, but having the Olympics postponed for a year may have an effect on both Sue and DT being available. Be a shame if they missed a last Olympic Hurrah because of this pesky virus.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Kerry Bascom would be top 3.
What? Over Maya? No way. As the 1st true UConn Star, I get the adulation but to say she's better than Maya, Lobo or Stewie...you lost me. Yogi Berra was one of the greatest catchers of all time, is in the Hall of Fame, but he would be hard pressed to be included in the top 5 Yankees of all time as it is an AWESOME list. Same here for Ms. Bascom.

Reaction Score
What? Over Maya? No way. As the 1st true UConn Star, I get the adulation but to say she's better than Maya, Lobo or Stewie...you lost me. Yogi Berra was one of the greatest catchers of all time, is in the Hall of Fame, but he would be hard pressed to be included in the top 5 Yankees of all time as it is an AWESOME list. Same here for Ms. Bascom.

Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio and... For me, #5 is Berra (over Jeter and Ford).

Reaction Score
Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio and... For me, #5 is Berra (over Jeter and Ford).
Me too. Yogi participated in 21 World Series as a player, coach or manager. Played in 75 World Series games and won 10 rings, more than Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Jeter, Ford, or anyone else in history - Yankee or non-Yankee (well, except for Geno Auriemma of course).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mo, who is the greatest reliever of all time and who's postseason career against the best teams was even more remarkable.
Again, I am not saying Yogi isn't great, he WAS but relative to his position and his teammates, he's not in the top 5, in my humble opinion.
DT, Stewie, Maya, Lobo, Bird are my top 5 (just to bring the thread back on point).

Reaction Score
Mo, who is the greatest reliever of all time and who's postseason career against the best teams was even more remarkable.
Again, I am not saying Yogi isn't great, he WAS but relative to his position and his teammates, he's not in the top 5, in my humble opinion.
DT, Stewie, Maya, Lobo, Bird are my top 5 (just to bring the thread back on point).

Except that, as an everyday catcher, Yogi was on the field a LOT more than the great Mariano. And arguably the greatest catcher of all-time. Finally, Berra had a higher career WAR. It's an interesting discussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom