Arkansas
Indiana
Lamar
Ohio
TCU
Tennessee
UCF
USC

Of these 8 teams, I think Indiana is the safest (almost certainly in) and Lamar is the least safe.

Other possibilities: Miami (OH), St. Mary's, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Reaction Score
I predict (in alphabetical order):

Arkansas
Indiana
Lamar
Ohio
TCU
Tennessee
UCF
USC

Of these 8 teams, I think Indiana is the safest (almost certainly in) and Lamar is the least safe.

Other possibilities: Miami (OH), St. Mary's, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I thought Lamar had an automatic bid.
Lamar lost in the Southland semifinals yesterday to Abilene Christian, which appears on the verge of getting the auto-bid (up 3 over TAM-CC with 6 seconds to play).

Reaction Score
Has this been done for previous Tournaments?
Does this "reveal" mean that 4 of 8 will make it and 4 will not (sort of like Charlie's last 4 in and first 4 out)?

Except that we have to wait until tomorrow to find out the actual teams selected...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Missouri State's win over Drake takes away an at-large spot.
So I'm dropping Lamar from my "debatable eight" and adding Kansas State.

Arkansas​
Indiana​
Kansas State​
Ohio​
TCU​
Tennessee​
UCF​
USC​
Of these 8 teams, I think Kansas State is the safest (almost certainly in) and Arkansas is the least safe.

Who will be the team whose bid got stolen? I believe it comes down to one of four teams: Ohio, TCU, Tennessee or UCF.

Other possibilities:
On the top side of the bubble: Auburn
On the bottom side: Lamar, Miami (OH), St. Mary's, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
5 PM? SC is listed as 5:15-6 PM on the main network and the ATP is on the deuce!
Can't they even get with it for their own programming???

I want to tempt fate and see if Tenn doesn't make the NCAAT for the first time ever if Holly would resign or be replaced given what she has coming in next year and prior vote of support she got from AD Fulmer. I really don't think he would replace her and that would be awesome to follow on VolNation! I am also not convinced even if they did "retire Holly" that they would hire someone outside of the program to lead them. That is also great theatre to watch!
1552857729596.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
5 PM? SC is listed as 5:15-6 PM on the main network and the ATP is on the deuce!
Can't they even get with it for their own programming???
Yeah I think they're waiting on the end of the Houston-Cincinnati men's game.

This was what ESPN actually announced: "Fans will get a glimpse at the Committee’s discussions prior to Selection Monday. In the 5 p.m. hour of SportsCenter on Sunday, NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament Selection Committee chair Rhonda Bennett will join Zubin Mehenti and Michael Eaves to reveal, in alphabetical order, the final eight teams which will be considered for the women’s tournament."

So Voepel misread that as "at 5 p.m."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah I think they're waiting on the end of the Houston-Cincinnati men's game.

This was what ESPN actually announced: "Fans will get a glimpse at the Committee’s discussions prior to Selection Monday. In the 5 p.m. hour of SportsCenter on Sunday, NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament Selection Committee chair Rhonda Bennett will join Zubin Mehenti and Michael Eaves to reveal, in alphabetical order, the final eight teams which will be considered for the women’s tournament."

So Voepel misread that as "at 5 p.m."

so is Princeton safe even if they lose to Penn and does not enter this "Debatable 8" ?

Plebe

Reaction Score
so is Princeton safe even if they lose to Penn and does not enter this "Debatable 8" ?
Neither Princeton nor Penn will receive an at-large bid. The Ivy is a one-bid league this year.

Princeton has too many bad losses and almost nothing in terms of quality wins.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Neither Princeton nor Penn will receive an at-large bid. The Ivy is a one-bid league this year.

Princeton has too many bad losses and almost nothing in terms of quality wins.

The Ivy announcers did mention that 7 of Princeton's 9 losses were without Alarie but I get that will not convince most.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Ivy announcers did mention that 7 of Princeton's 9 losses were without Alarie but I get that will not convince most.
That's a lot of losing to have to overlook. They still suffered a bad loss to Yale with her playing, as well as a loss to Penn.

Princeton actually has a similar resume to UCF's on the win side of the ledger, but a whole bunch of surplus losses by comparison. And the loss to George Washington is just a bad loss, regardless of who didn't play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
WHOA.

Arkansas
Auburn
Indiana
Ohio
Princeton
Tennessee
TCU
UCF

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lobo says UCF in. :rolleyes:
I'm very uncertain about them. The main thing they have going for them is their extremely high RPI.

I don't know if a team has ever received an at-large bid despite no wins over at-large-caliber teams.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Why did they announce this before all the conference tournaments were over? It was weird to call Princeton debatable when they could still get the autobid. (And of course now they have it.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom