DEATHStorm2017 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DEATHStorm2017

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think I'm gonna at least get the foot of the driveway because that will be a BEAR in a couple hours.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think I'm gonna at least get the foot of the driveway because that will be a BEAR in a couple hours.

The wind is keeping me from going out. Not only will it be cold, but I'm not sure what I throw will go anyway useful.

Reaction Score
So, for any of you who have snowblowers and a challenging driveway, what's the consensus plan? Do you go out at the halfway mark, in the the teeth of the storm, and get 8-10 inches off of the driveway? Or do you wait to the end, when it will quite possibly be more than the machine can handle?

Heavy snow. When I hit the stuff the street plow had piled, it snapped the break-away bolt on one of my augers. Had to finish with half a snowblower. Should have gone out at the halfway mark.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heavy snow. When I hit the stuff the street plow had piled, it snapped the break-away bolt on one of my augers. Had to finish with half a snowblower. Should have gone out at the halfway mark.

Gotta keep those extra sheer bolts on hand. I learned that lesson a few years ago.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
So, for any of you who have snowblowers and a challenging driveway, what's the consensus plan? Do you go out at the halfway mark, in the the teeth of the storm, and get 8-10 inches off of the driveway? Or do you wait to the end, when it will quite possibly be more than the machine can handle?
If we're expecting over 15" I split it up. I think I had about 15" total. Tough to tell due to the blown snow but definitely more than a foot. I did my snowblowing in one fell swoop yesterday, but that was partly because I was working until 5 and the wind was pretty bad in the afternoon. One thing that was really annoying was that due to the warmer weather at the start, we had a modest slushy/slippery coating on my driveway under the powder. My snowblower usually never has traction issues but yesterday was of course the exception. Took me about 2.5 hours to clean driveway (can fit about 7 cars total) and front/back walkways. And to top things off, the engine had issues toward the end, revving up and down so I think my carb is gunked up and needs to get cleaned out before the next round.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If we're expecting over 15" I split it up. I think I had about 15" total. Tough to tell due to the blown snow but definitely more than a foot. I did my snowblowing in one fell swoop yesterday, but that was partly because I was working until 5 and the wind was pretty bad in the afternoon. One thing that was really annoying was that due to the warmer weather at the start, we had a modest slushy/slippery coating on my driveway under the powder. My snowblower usually never has traction issues but yesterday was of course the exception. Took me about 2.5 hours to clean driveway (can fit about 7 cars total) and front/back walkways. And to top things off, the engine had issues toward the end, revving up and down so I think my carb is gunked up and needs to get cleaned out before the next round.
Looks like I have been in need of either a traction belt or a friction disc plate since last year. Been kinda praying we didnt get a major snow storm. So we shoveled for 5 hours yesterday. My arms are dead.

Reaction Score
Looks like I have been in need of either a traction belt or a friction disc plate since last year. Been kinda praying we didnt get a major snow storm. So we shoveled for 5 hours yesterday. My arms are dead.
Is Phase Two construction of a Hothian secret base outside the Werth facility?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom