Death Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Death Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We suck at every phase. I am in the no hope for a win category. I am usually one of the most optimistic, but I just see us struggling to do anything anywhere anytime.

Hope that they prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
Lol you should be more concerned about, can we win a game next year? This year is already lost.

Reaction Score
Great effort by the Huskies today. The only thing that was irritating is CC staring down his targeted receiver. Watching the game I heard the commentator praising Gilbert for scanning the field and spreading the ball around to 6 or 7 different receivers.
  • Vision: A quarterback doesn't necessarily need keen peripheral vision, but it doesn't hurt. A quarterback must quickly scan the field when he comes to the line of scrimmage prior to the snap of the ball. He must survey the defense, checking its alignments and in particular the depth of the defensive backs — how far they are off the receivers, off the line of scrimmage, and so on. After the ball is snapped, the quarterback must continue to scan the field as he moves backward. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/skills-a-quarterback-needs-to-succeed-in-american-.html
I know he's only a freshmen (well red shirt freshmen), but CW does the same thing, is it Shane Days philosophy?

Reaction Score
Lol you should be more concerned about, can we win a game next year? This year is already lost.

Looks like Rutgers quit at home against Cincy today. There were some flashes of quit in UConn today but not a lot and not until the end. Provided no fumbles in red zone on first possession that's a target game.

Reaction Score
We suck at every phase. I am in the no hope for a win category. I am usually one of the most optimistic, but I just see us struggling to do anything anywhere anytime.

Hope that they prove me wrong.
I am really getting tired of watching our DB's trying to make lame diving efforts to tackle opposing wide receivers,because they took a bad angle in the first place.Are You reading this # 16 Byron Jones?

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
If you're at this game and you live in Dallas, you're one in a million.

Literally.

There's like four people there.
FWIW, I just got home from the game and there were several hundred UConn faithful between the 40's on our side. I'm guessing there were no more than 10k fans from both sides in the stadium, though, although it was hard to see some of the SMU fans because it was a "red out" and all the seats in the lower level are red.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Lagow should never have left - the way things are going, he'd be about three quarters away from being our next starting quarterback.
I was thinking the same thing and was looking for him and his family at the game but didn't see them. I'm pretty sure he was in town based on some tweets he sent out last night. OK State was in Austin today but I think he sin't on the travel squad yet. And his former Plano HS team played last night in the first round of the local playoffs.

cttxus

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that I will defend Hughes for having our corners 10 yards off of the receivers when only rushing four.....well, I won't defend Hughes for having our corners 10 yards off the receivers when only rushing four.... #Christhelpme
This was probably the hardest thing to watch today. Maddening how it continued throughout the whole game.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Does mccombs purposefully run directly at the coverage or is it just me?
McCombs should not be returning punts. He never finds a seam and even if he did, he doesn't have the burst of speed needed to squirt through it and into the next level.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Casey has composure that Boyle and Whitmer lack. That play should not have worked and I don't think either of the other guys would have ever made that play. Whitmer would have gotten sacked and Boyle would have tried to run it in or thrown into traffic.
I was 9 rows behind the Husky bench today and right in front of the phone to the press box area. Casey was very calm, cool and collected after every series. And I thought he looked very poised today after a somewhat shaky start.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Unless you think the FG is not a good chance to make it from 43, then not taking the 3 is a BAD decision.
I think the coaching staff knew Christen was having a confidence problem after missing his first try.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Gotta say CC has threaded into double coverage more than a few times today
From the stands Casey looked pretty accurate threading the ball between defenders several times, and seemed to do a pretty good job checking off if receiver #1 was covered.

cttxus

Reaction Score
CC's footwork & thinking are on an entirely different level than the other two guys. Don't think he's getting that much more time to throw today than the other 2 got.
Casey stayed in the pocket, didn't panic, or moved up when he felt pressure, much better than either Whitmer or Boyle had done this season.

Reaction Score
Next week is the key game for our fragile psyche. Casey played well and with confidence. (What does it say that all those coaches for two years had him on the bench!) At the spring game his dad Jack, who coached State Championship teams at my two favorite high schools, New London and Bloomfield, told me Casey was being "under-appreciated". I actually thought he was going to transfer. He showed lots of promise today.
Loved the mix of plays for both running backs and some of the shorter screens, but we desperately need to get our receivers open. Every completion it seemed was an OMG catch by Davis or Phillips in double coverage--while their receivers were always wide open. That's coaching and schemes.
Bottom line, we are improving (the O-line didn't look lost) but we still don't really believe we can win. It almost seemed like we were anticipating a late game collapse as we stared at a chance to tie it up. Then right on cue came the INT's.
There were bright spots today--lots of them--but next week we have make them count.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FWIW, I just got home from the game and there were several hundred UConn faithful between the 40's on our side. I'm guessing there were no more than 10k fans from both sides in the stadium, though, although it was hard to see some of the SMU fans because it was a "red out" and all the seats in the lower level are red.

Whenever UConn did good you could definitely hear the cheers from the crowd. Well done.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Next week is the key game for our fragile psyche. Casey played well and with confidence. (What does it say that all those coaches for two years had him on the bench!) At the spring game his dad Jack, who coached State Championship teams at my two favorite high schools, New London and Bloomfield, told me Casey was being "under-appreciated". I actually thought he was going to transfer. He showed lots of promise today.
Loved the mix of plays for both running backs and some of the shorter screens, but we desperately need to get our receivers open. Every completion it seemed was an OMG catch by Davis or Phillips in double coverage--while their receivers were always wide open. That's coaching and schemes.
Bottom line, we are improving (the O-line didn't look lost) but we still don't really believe we can win. It almost seemed like we were anticipating a late game collapse as we stared at a chance to tie it up. Then right on cue came the INT's.
There were bright spots today--lots of them--but next week we have make them count.

They're 0-9.

The only keys left are for no one to get hurt and for all the players to graduate or stay on target foe their education.

Reaction Score
They're 0-9.The only keys left are for no one to get hurt and for all the players to graduate or stay on target foe their education.

I don't agree with that. They need to play hard, make fewer mistakes, and prove to themselves they can prevail. The seniors can then leave with a semblance of self-respect knowing they've improved after the P and GDL disaster. And the younger guys can look forward to next year without carrying the onus of having gone 0 for the season.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well they get Temple off the kind of loss no one ever rebounds from. So that's the shot - next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom