Death, Taxes, and Louisville notice of allegations | The Boneyard

Death, Taxes, and Louisville notice of allegations

Reaction Score
Sounds like its time to give the program the SMU treatment.
I wonder if it has to do with Pitino. I doubt it.
Interesting thing is that if it does have to do with Pitino does he even coach a game for Iona?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The Allegations:

A Level I allegation that an improper recruiting offer, and subsequent extra benefits to the family of an enrolled student athlete; and a recruiting inducement to a prospective student-athlete’s non-scholastic coach/trainer, were provided by certain individuals, purportedly identified and defined by the NCAA as “representatives of the university’s athletics interests,” none of whom had traditional connections to the University beyond their affiliation with Adidas or professional athlete management entities, as well as by a former assistant coach and a former associate head coach;

A Level II allegation of recruiting violations by the same two former men’s basketball coaching staff members in providing impermissible transportation and having impermissible contact in the context of recruitment-related activities;

A Level II allegation that the institution failed to adequately monitor the recruitment of an incoming, high-profile student-athlete;

A Level II allegation that the former head men’s basketball coach did not satisfy his head coach responsibility when he failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

Reaction Score
Move along people. Nothing to see here. Major violations equal minor to no penalties. Meanwhile Southeast Northern Central Missouri State had a shotputter get a McDonald's meal bought for him by his parents, both of whom attended the school, and has therefore has been suspended, all sports, for 5 years and loses all scholarships forever.

Reaction Score

I don’t think Pitino will be coaching

Wonder if he’ll actually ever make it to Iona:

The idea behind this story was to pose a simple question: Pretend that, by magic pixie dust or miracle, you woke up tomorrow and you were free to go safely wherever you wanted. No restriction. No worries. Where is the first place you would go and why?

Rick Pitino, Iona head coach: I would head to NY and see Iona for the first time. Then take off for Greece and get my bags in storage.

Reaction Score
Move along people. Nothing to see here. Major violations equal minor to no penalties. Meanwhile Southeast Northern Central Missouri State had a shotputter get a McDonald's meal bought for him by his parents, both of whom attended the school, and has therefore has been suspended, all
sports, for 5 years and loses all scholarships forever.
Also, The University of Connecticut men's basketball program as a former member in the same conference as Louisville will be penalized with the loss of three scholarships and a post season ban for no less than three seasons.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah get to the sanction already (or lack there of) so we can all feign outrage for a few days and then go back to our lives.

After the UNC thing, I just think this stuff is all bullcrap. I'm waiting for something like: "Upon further review the NCAA agrees with the University of Louisville that since these violations took place in June when no classes were session the NCAA lacks jurisdiction to sanction the university or its staff."

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah get to the sanction already (or lack there of) so we can all feign outrage for a few days and then go back to our lives.

After the UNC thing, I just think this stuff is all bullcrap. I'm waiting for something like: "Upon further review the NCAA agrees with the University of Louisville that since these violations took place in June when no classes were session the NCAA lacks jurisdiction to sanction the university or its staff."
It IS bullcrap. UNC is an old/big money school. UL....is a community college.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares
The NCAA is a meaningless group of arse wipes who care only for the P5 schools since that is their money cow
Louisville paid their one year self "torture" so there is absolutely nothing there but window dressing

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

... and there it is. I hate the NCAA (yes I know that is Dodd). Did the violation occur under the old system? Then that should be the penalty.

Reaction Score
... and there it is. I hate the NCAA (yes I know that is Dodd). Did the violation occur under the old system? Then that should be the penalty.
No the penalty changed in 2012 like Dodd says and the violation was in 2017

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom