Death Storm of Death Storms | The Boneyard

Death Storm of Death Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Ha, I got D batteries, water bottles, peanut butter and jelly, propane bottles, plywood, extra flashlights (both big and small), baked beans, extra wine, and topped off gas tanks.

My main plan is to pray a relative-in-law has power and move in with them when we lose it. I feel that the loss of power is inevitable and my failure to buy a generator will be punished over and over until I fork out for one.

Batten down the hatches, Boneyarders, count the minutes, because the end is near.

Doomed is the word.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
At least people learned from last year and were out gassing up their vehicles yesterday. I need to clean up my sump pump but feel lazy today.

Reaction Score
I got a generator around three years ago. Certainly helps, but when your power is out for a week(like mine was for Irene last year), it still sucks.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What am I missing? I looks like little more than a bad storm for southern New England.

Ha, I got D batteries, water bottles, peanut butter and jelly, propane bottles, plywood, extra flashlights (both big and small), baked beans, extra wine, and topped off gas tanks.

My main plan is to pray a relative-in-law has power and move in with them when we lose it. I feel that the loss of power is inevitable and my failure to buy a generator will be punished over and over until I fork out for one.

Batten down the hatches, Boneyarders, count the minutes, because the end is near.

Doomed is the word.

Reaction Score
Kure Beach Pier, Kure Beach NC. For the link to UCONN basketball, this is about a 90 second walk from Dom Perno's house

212bltk.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What am I missing? I looks like little more than a bad storm for southern New England.
Looks like it could be worse than Irene for the CT coastal areas due to duration of sustained heavy winds combined with full moon and high tides. Flooding will be pretty bad near the shore. The problem for the rest of us will be power and trees. Trees with wet leaves become sails in heavy winds. Hopefully the fact that we are expecting to get less rain means that the ground will be strong enough keep most trees from falling, but there will certainly still be lots of outages from downed limbs. Probably looking at widespread outages of shorter duration, if there are fewer downed trees blocking roads and more crews and equipment in place already than there were for Irene. As but one indication, I have a friend from New Orleans who works in operations for the utilities industry. He is the guy who does ops and logistics for the line crews, finding them places to sleep, etc. wherever they are sent. Last year he didn't arrive until days after the storm; last night he was already in a hotel at Bradley.

Reaction Score
As long as you got beans and matches, you're prepared for all contingencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom