Death of The "Casual Fan" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Death of The "Casual Fan"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
YES!
Especially after I've just mucked around in SeatGeek & RateMySeats and run up against non-eTickets, minimum purchases of 2 seats, and other inconveniences that told me to step away from things and amuse(?) myself here.
I'll PM.

You should still get the Rotisserie Chicken.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
This post is a little depressing but hits the nail on the head. I have been a jets/knicks fan for years and going into these teams seasons the whole fan base knows we have no shot. I don't expect year after year tournament dominance from UConn, thats a lot to ask. But the years when we have been competitive and at least have had a shot you can really feel the whole state buzzing. Going into this year nobody really thought we would be competitive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
B8374A24-4324-4FB5-975C-AFF4A7998278.jpeg

Good move because you'd be extra disappointed when you find out it's fishys alternate handle.

Burying the lede

C

Chief00

The most shocking thing I learned on the Boneyard this week:
Chief (according to him) has a masters degree (from UConn).

Which begs the question:
Did he write his thesis in the third person?

Is his masters degree even real, or did he pull a "Drummond" on us?

How many UConn did he hang out with back in the day?

So many questions.

Always start with the premise - and yours is wrong. A thesis is a requirement of a PhD doctoral degree but not an MBA. If you got the premise wrong - it goes downhill from there.
Chief Certified.

C

Chief00

Chief dropping the fact that he purports to have an MBA was second only to Husky99's revelation that he's responsible for shaping the minds of America's youth. Just two absolutely stunning bits of information.

Quite frankly, it’s really not that difficult and hence not that stunning.

C

Chief00

Thank you Chief for cheapening one of my two post graduate degrees.
You misunderstand me, it’s a great degree. I actually enjoy learning, especially business law. That’s why to me, it wasn’t that difficult.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You misunderstand me, it’s a great degree. I actually enjoy learning, especially business law. That’s why to me, it wasn’t that difficult.

The+joke+went+over+your+head+i+think+pretty+sure+_bd6d722b97c5c36707bc36fdf9e6f5b4.jpg

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I have stopped printing off schedules and having it near my desk. I forget to look for game times. I miss games. I'm okay with it.

Sad as @^!%#, right?
I have always printed the schedule off and sat down and marked down what I thought would be wins and losses. I taped every game and rewatched, I looked forward to going over box scores with my morning coffee, and I would look forward to reading the BY. All of that is gone at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom