Dear Students, | The Boneyard

Dear Students,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dear Students,

Let me start this post by saying that you all were absolutely incredible last night. The energy in the rink starts and stops with the student section and no one at the game or watching/listening online can deny how electric the XL was. I know it isn't always easy to get to Hartford so I just wanted to give you the appreciation you deserve.

Now for a few thoughts: I really wish that security would lighten up with the signs, "Demko sleeps with a night light". "If it burns when you pee, it's BC". Genius. Also love that the #icebus is gaining traction too. We need more of that! In time, we will build plenty of great traditions but I was hoping that myself and some other hockey savvy boneyarders could help get you going in the right direction to give our boys a distinct home-ice advantage.
  • During visiting team starting line-ups, turn around and yell "SUCKS!!!" (same as bball)
  • Count down our PK's with 10 seconds left
  • When an opposing player is called for a penalty, "skate, skate, skate, SIT DOWN!!" (same as someone fouling out in bball)
  • More "Let's Go Huskies" chants (applicable anytime)
  • Heckle their goalie. Constantly. Make him fear coming back down for the 3rd period.
  • Jump around and be loud while the opponent is in our zone (same as playing D in bball)
TheDoggPound had some great ideas in this thread: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/couple-thoughts.67248/#post-1115764 and I hope we can get a few more that can truly make Connecticut a hostile place for visiting HE teams. Before you know it, we will top this list:

http://statsstylescore.com/six-packs-on-ice-college-hockey-edition-the-ten-best-student-sections/

Once again, you guys were terrific last night, and I can't wait for the 18th. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Dear Students,

Let me start this post by saying that you all were absolutely incredible last night. The energy in the rink starts and stops with the student section and no one at the game or watching/listening online can deny how electric the XL was. I know it isn't always easy to get to Hartford so I just wanted to give you the appreciation you deserve.

Now for a few thoughts: I really wish that security would lighten up with the signs, "Demko sleeps with a night light". "If it burns when you pee, it's BC". Genius. Also love that the #icebus is gaining traction too. We need more of that! In time, we will build plenty of great traditions but I was hoping that myself and some other hockey savvy boneyarders could help get you going in the right direction to give our boys a distinct home-ice advantage.
  • During visiting team starting line-ups, turn around and yell "SUCKS!!!" (same as bball)
  • Count down our PK's with 10 seconds left
  • When an opposing player is called for a penalty, "skate, skate, skate, SIT DOWN!!" (same as someone fouling out in bball)
  • More "Let's Go Huskies" chants (applicable anytime)
  • Heckle their goalie. Constantly. Make him fear coming back down for the 3rd period.
  • Jump around and be loud while the opponent is in our zone (same as playing D in bball)
TheDoggPound had some great ideas in this thread: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/couple-thoughts.67248/#post-1115764 and I hope we can get a few more that can truly make Connecticut a hostile place for visiting HE teams. Before you know it, we will top this list:

http://statsstylescore.com/six-packs-on-ice-college-hockey-edition-the-ten-best-student-sections/

Once again, you guys were terrific last night, and I can't wait for the 18th. Go Huskies!

This is ALL good!
One thing I would add for the students is, when we score on the opposing team to scream out the goalies name and "it's all your fault" as you point and shame him! It's a hockey classic!
Definately need more "let's go Huskies" chants! Most were started by a bunch of guys in Whaler jerseys up behind me last night.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Bronx cheering opposing goalies for making easy saves after giving up a few goals always makes me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom