Dear David Benedict | The Boneyard

Dear David Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Need to change coaches, no other alternative. This is not an isolated incident. Has to be one of the dumbest endings by a coach in a long time. This is dumber than the Seahawks because of the sequence.

So much dumber..l get the Seahawks thinking...if we run and don't get it then 3rd down has to be a pass. I still thought it was stupid because the Pats struggled in goal line defense and you've got a guy nick named Beast Mode with a mobile QB but at least I get it. The best case scenario here is Diaco thought he had a TO left...which isn't a good thing.

Reaction Score
So much dumber..l get the Seahawks thinking...if we run and don't get it then 3rd down has to be a pass. I still thought it was stupid because the Pats struggled in goal line defense and you've got a guy nick named Beast Mode with a mobile QB but at least I get it. The best case scenario here is Diaco thought he had a TO left...which isn't a good thing.

Oh the Seahawks were dumb, I just think this is worse.

Reaction Score
The idea that Diaco is going to be fired because of this is silly. I kinda wish it did happen because he seems to be unbelievably incompetent in game management and I question his overall intelligence, but no chance. This was a bummer because it should have been an awesome comeback win, but we have seen way more depressing football.

Reaction Score
Last week I was officially off the Diaco fun bus. This week, I'm totally done with this j@cka$$ and his staff. Go check TJ for half the cost and be done with this loony tune.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Dear AD Benedict-

The Rent was filled with Randy Edsall's conservative play because football was fun and exciting. No marketing gimicks - I paid over $800 a seat with donation for chair backs and gladly sat in a full section because the product was good and fun. We had up and down years but we trusted Randy and supported the program. We made a bad hire and the team did not pass the eye test. The casual fan stopped coming and then we brought in our current coach. He is good looking and a very bizarre quote machine. We sat through the worst team ever because we trusted him and his process. But UCONN fans like a team that passes the eye test and last year we started to do that. But this program has hit its ceiling with the current coach. That means you will never see 40,000 fans consistently because the coach has lost the trust of its fanbase. Beyond the botched game management, the head coach you inherited isn't man enough to speak to the fans about the debacle he and his staff caused. He truly does not understand the honor it is to be a coach at the University of Connecticut. He doesn't have the history of a Kevin Ollie or Jim Penders. The feel of a Geno Auriemma. Why? Because he is incapable of connecting with the fans. Going to a bar in front of 75 people is not good enough. Making games unwatchable for 20 minute chunks at a time is not going to attract fans.

Don't worry about losing him to another program - no one will take him if they want to energize their fanbase. Please, at the end of this year, please evaluate the program to determine if it has hit its ceiling from a fanbase perspective. We will come out in droves for something worthy. I hope you agree

Signed,

Not a fair weather fan who has been following UCONN football for over 40 years!!

Reaction Score
Don't let Diaco leave the locker room with the team. Tell him to drive his own @ss home. Mismanagement of that magnitude is grounds for termination everywhere else in the world. Act now.

"P.S. Call Art Briles"

That's my answer to everything from now on. I'm genuinely that numb and dejected.

Reaction Score
Still won't lose job mid season. No matter how much we bitch. Which means he still has a chance to redeem himself.

I fully accept that he won't be let go. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be.

Reaction Score
Forget Art Briles, that's an abomination for UConn. Seriously dude.

Like I said, I'm literally that dejected. It's like salivating a mirage of a steak in the desert, but it's actually a cactus with a dead crow impaled on its pr!ckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom