dear b10 | The Boneyard

dear b10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
brow some balls, go for the kill. force nd to join up or walk home.
add big time markets and draws! go for the kill. one that no conf could ever match. one that would make your tv on a level never dreamed of.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dear Dan,

Thanks for the note.

We had never thought to invite Notre Dame. You're right! That would be off the hook, 'yo! (Or however those rap daddies say it - popular culture takes some time to get out to us here in the midwest.)

Anywho, I'm off to make a phone call to South Bend. They better say yes or I'm gonna pop a cap in their asses! (You like that? Eh? I'm all 21 Jumpstreet up in here! Raise the roof, white people!)

Thanks for the tip!

Hugs and Kisses,

Jim Delaney
Commissioner, Big 10

P.S. I see you're from Connecticut - really sorry about what happened to the Big East.

P.P.S. No, I'm not. Suck it.

Reaction Score
Other than the excellent response from Fishy, not sure what "go for the kill" exactly means? Does it mean to add Rutgers? Cause I'm pretty sure even Rutgers would admit that does not mean going for the kill...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We should be a lock for the B1G at this point! With all the recruits that Penn St and Iowa steal from us, they can offer them a game in CT closer to their family every other year!;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
force nd to join. add uconn/ruty/md/uva/unc. nd would have to take that last spot for 18. they couldn't refuse playing in ne/nyc/nc/dc every year. the b12 is going to make its move. lville/gt/fsu/clem/byu/tulane or some1. then the sec will grab vt/ncst for 16. meanwhile the b10 is already sitting pretty with the best mk adds and great public U's. east/west split in the conf makes things easy with nd wanting east. its pretty balanced also. something like this
nd/psu/tosu/indy/uconn/ruty/md/unc/uva
mich/msu/neb/iowa/minn/pur/ill/nw/wisc

md needs some type of boost in that program but the mk and underamror can get it together for them. if you take a look around at 4 publics that want to win at fball and are building things up quick. look no further than ruty/uconn/unc/uva. they down the road will be huge adds paying off. to boot your bball is the best, your baseball is good for 4-6 bids a year, your lax is good and so on down the line. this also makes the b10 puck league a monster. they get nd and they get a project in uconn, but a great project becuase uconn opens them up to all the new england kids. HE will feel that down the line. i could go on for a while. you likey Jericho?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Big Ten cares about New England kids like I care about not getting enough Chinese channels on my cable system.

The Big Ten is just the biggest kid on the block right now. There's no chance that anyone is taking a school from them and they need not do a thing to remain the biggest kid on the block. And, to me, that PAC 12 affiliation of theirs' sound a whole lot like an iron gate swinging closed.

If Notre Dame wanted to join, perhaps they'd do something then, but I don't see anything coming down the pike.

Reaction Score
Our TV numbers are not bad, at all. We rank in the top 50 for football. That's incredible for a program that is new to the "FBS" level. An affiliation with a completely stable top-tier conference will probably make us HUGE. The Hartford-New Haven market is the largest in the country without a professional franchise.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten cares about New England kids like I care about not getting enough Chinese channels on my cable system.

Do Get Smart reruns count as a chinese channel? "Not craw -- craw!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how many tvs are in ct/nyc/nj/va/md/dc/nc sprinkle in some more ny(pk)/some of ma and some other spots down south i didn't think of. then times that # by how much the b10 ch costs. does the conf seem like a huge winner?

Reaction Score
force nd to join. add uconn/ruty/md/uva/unc. nd would have to take that last spot for 18. they couldn't refuse playing in ne/nyc/nc/dc every year. the b12 is going to make its move. lville/gt/fsu/clem/byu/tulane or some1. then the sec will grab vt/ncst for 16. meanwhile the b10 is already sitting pretty with the best mk adds and great public U's. east/west split in the conf makes things easy with nd wanting east. its pretty balanced also. something like this
nd/psu/tosu/indy/uconn/ruty/md/unc/uva
mich/msu/neb/iowa/minn/pur/ill/nw/wisc

md needs some type of boost in that program but the mk and underamror can get it together for them. if you take a look around at 4 publics that want to win at fball and are building things up quick. look no further than ruty/uconn/unc/uva. they down the road will be huge adds paying off. to boot your bball is the best, your baseball is good for 4-6 bids a year, your lax is good and so on down the line. this also makes the b10 puck league a monster. they get nd and they get a project in uconn, but a great project becuase uconn opens them up to all the new england kids. HE will feel that down the line. i could go on for a while. you likey Jericho?

Other than the fact Notre Dame won't be forced into anything and I don't see UNC or Virginia leaving the ACC (or really anyone outside of possibly FSU/Maryland), it's a great plan. The Big 12 is not a preferred destination of Georgia Tech and I don't know why the Big 10 would want 18 schools (it cuts the pie too many ways). But yeah, other than that it sounds great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom