Dear AAC and it's fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dear AAC and it's fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What does, "Dear AAC and it is fans" even mean?

Reaction Score
Louisville game was close because the other team was coached by a former Pitino assistant and the team was perfectly prepared for Louisville's game plan and matched up very well. Everyone knew it was going to be very close because of this.

Cincinnati happened to miss a few easy shots that their gonna make the vast majority of the time.

St. Joe's happened to hit a ton of shots and none of their starting 5 got into foul trouble until over time because their fouls happened to be very spread out among their players. At half time 6 players had 1 foul each.

None of this means the AAC teams are bad it's just circumstance. The AAC teams should have been seeded higher because of their performance over 35 games. It's irresponsible to judge a team based upon one game.

Cincinnati did what they did all year. They're good on defense.. but on offense they're suspect (outside of Kilpatrick). That's why I picked Harvard. I don't ride with teams who have trouble scoring, even on their best day.

Reaction Score
When you cry for a week about seeding and the three teams play like that, it's embarassing by definition. The league was a Brimah rebound and a Hancock three from being swept out the door today.

Would haves and could haves are obviously your terrain, as in, if you were only a little smarter you could have made an intelligent remark or if you weren't such a jerk-off you might have something better to do then come here and post something moronic after a big win. If Louisville and Uconn had been seeded appropriately their games would have been easier and they might have "looked" better. Florida didn't look so good and they played Albany. Any time a team wins in this tournament they played good enough, it takes a couch potato like you to think otherwise.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You could just as easily say the league was two Cincinnati layups away from running the table. Obviously the AAC isn't on par with the major conferences, but UConn was under-seeded by at least one line and Louisville also had a legitimate gripe about being a four. Add that to the committee inexplicably placing three of the four teams in the same region, and it's fair to say the AAC got shafted.

I disagree. The major conferences are only "major conferences" because they are P5 in football. The A-10 got 6 teams in the field. When was the last time the SEC had 6?

It is my understanding that the makeup of the selection committee is constantly changing. How the AAC had no one on the committee is baffling this year, but should not happen going forward. All of the national writers were tweeting how the AAC got the shaft in the seeding department. The Committee only made up for UConn by giving them a perceived viable road to the sweet 16 as a 7 seed (I think UConn should have been a 5 as well and could have lived with a 6), but again, the match ups nominally make up for it.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think if you go back through history, many NC teams have "won ugly" at some point in the tournament (stupid terminology to me.. all that ever matters to me is the final score, especially in March). The ugliest win is a million times better than the prettiest loss.
Yes, I'm remembering a game in April 2011 that fits this description.

Reaction Score
Whaler clearly doesn't understand the seeding issues. By under seeding the AAC, they all faced tougher opponents in the first round leading to potential losses. You can see this in the Las Vegas point spreads.

As for UConn, last night looked like a lot of the wins. Weak inside presence, resilient, timely 3s, good free throw shooting down the stretch, and Bazz turning it on down the stretch.

End of the day, the NCAA tournament is about survive and advance as their are no style points.

Reaction Score
When you cry for a week about seeding and the three teams play like that, it's embarassing by definition. The league was a Brimah rebound and a Hancock three from being swept out the door today.
Hey dip$hit, why the hell are you here ? Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
It's always fun to have someone clueless have reality pointed out to them lash out with nonsense like this.

Yes, because I have eyes and am not a baby about the Big East that means it's 'my almighty Big East'.

The reality is that we are in the AAC for the foreseeable future....time to start supporting it, IMO. Either way, disparaging tournament wins by our OWN team is really just poor form. Get some sleep buddy, try not to post when you're bombed next time.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
to all friends and fans who think and act like the OP, go become a fan of another team

I think the dude would blend in nicely on the PC or Cuse boards, where he can hate along with other haters

so what makes such a man tick? why do you think he's so bitter? kinda sad if you "axe" me

weird

Reaction Score

And if they had better seeding they would have had easier games. The point of complaining about seeding is that you end up having a harder matchup than you deserve.

Reaction Score
we have such a weird fanbase, after a win like that to get the juices pumping the last thing I would do is run to the board and post nonsense like this. it seems like some of ya'll don't even get joy out of following UConn basketball, go bake a cake or do something else more productive with your time.

willie99

Reaction Score
Whaler clearly doesn't understand the seeding issues. By under seeding the AAC, they all faced tougher opponents in the first round leading to potential losses. You can see this in the Las Vegas point spreads.

As for UConn, last night looked like a lot of the wins. Weak inside presence, resilient, timely 3s, good free throw shooting down the stretch, and Bazz turning it on down the stretch.

End of the day, the NCAA tournament is about survive and advance as their are no style points.

he evidently doesn't understand a lot of things

willie99

Reaction Score
we have such a weird fanbase, after a win like that to get the juices pumping the last thing I would do is run to the board and post nonsense like this. it seems like some of ya'll don't even get joy out of following UConn basketball, go bake a cake or do something else more productive with your time.

everybody has them, there's a bad apple in every family

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
he evidently doesn't understand a lot of things

LOL I understand that crying about seeding is stupid in general because the matchups and location of the games are much more important.

I understand that when you cry all week and the teams look like that, the response shouldn't be doubling down on crying.

I understand that the majority of you you guys are so biased towards UConn that you can't have rational conversations about most topics.

Reaction Score
Very good comeback last night. But it would be pretty hard to say this team was under seeded. They could be a 6 maybe, they could be an 8. Wouldn't have mattered that much. They have the same issues today that they had in November. We got a fortunate bounce to tie the game, but that often happens in close games. Arguably UConn lost to Texas one year because the ball got stuck between the hoop and the backboard and by rule it went to the Longhorns. That play stopped our momentum. So we've been on both ends over the years.

As for the rest of the league, It would be nice to see Memphis win. Other than my brakcets, which are already busted, thanks Dayton, I don't much care what Louisville does, but they didn't exactly look like world beaters against Manhattan. Though I did think Cincinnati would take Harvard, I'm not shocked since I really don't have much faith in Cronin. Though if truth be told, I think more of Cronin than I do of Pastner.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
to all friends and fans who think and act like the OP, go become a fan of another team

I think the dude would blend in nicely on the PC or Cuse boards, where he can hate along with other haters

so what makes such a man tick? why do you think he's so bitter? kinda sad if you "axe" me

weird

So because I think all the crying and whining about the seeding was stupid I should go like another team?

Really I'd prefer that the fanbase had more intelligence and confidence and didn't cry like babies everytime someone on TV picks against UConn or says something negative - but that's how you guys roll.

willie99

Reaction Score
a message board is about airing our grievances as well as our passions

and I think we all understand it's time to prove it on the court

it's not like we have many other choices, so we do the best we can with what we have

no need to bash those who look for a silver lining, in my world it's the black cloud people who need to "stop crying" about other fans

Reaction Score
In case you hadn't noticed, ALL of the coverage about this game is how it was an amazing basketball game to watch and an example of what makes the tournament great. No one, except you, is talking about how the AAC is actually terrible because of it.

Reaction Score
What's embarassing? Cincy lost to a solid Harvard team. Is that some referendum on the league?

Reaction Score
LOL I understand that crying about seeding is stupid in general because the matchups and location of the games are much more important.

I understand that when you cry all week and the teams look like that, the response shouldn't be doubling down on crying.

I understand that the majority of you you guys are so biased towards UConn that you can't have rational conversations about most topics.

Ah yes, the obligatory "I'm smarter than everybody and you're all just homers" post. A time-honored classic. Please go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom