Deandre Daniels vs. Iowa State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deandre Daniels vs. Iowa State

Reaction Score
That is an interesting point. Looking back without doing any research or looking up boxscores I recall just dominating Nova, Iowa St, Michigan St, Florida, and Kentucky. However, some of these games were very very close.

Nova was tight until late 2nd half. Iowa St. we were up 17 or so in the 2nd half before we coasted. Mich St. was close throughout and Florida was tight briefly in the 2nd before we kept it in the 6-10 range fairly comfortably.

The Kentucky game we were up 15 I believe in the first half when DD got his 2nd foul and they came back. Kentucky actually had chances to take the lead a few times fairly late in the game.

I think the difference is even in those "close" games we always knew we had two guards that were the best players on the court and could make something happen every possession. It's crazy just how good Bazz and Boat were in that tourney. Bazz hit almost 50% of his threes and the ones he missed you thought were going in. Boat, in addition to hitting a ton of big shots, pretty much exposed and ruined Appling, Wilbekin, and the Harrisons through his defense. He made good players look inept against pressure D. Singlehandedly cut the head off the offense especially agains Mich St. and Fla.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
The thing I remember most about this game was waiting for the right time to buy Elite Eight tix on Stubhub. I got em but would’ve done better waiting until Saturday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That's how I remember it - it was one of those weird games that could have sneakily went bad, but it was probably the only game all tournament where I felt in control and like we wouldn't lose.

So great going back and watching that run - I think I will do just that.

UConn had a 10 point lead for most of the game until under 5 minutes left. They hit a few bombs late to make it look closer than it was. They did cut it to 4 at one point late in the second half, but Giffey answered at the other end to get it back to 7. Niang was a good player, but it wasn't like Iowa State lost by 2 in a game that was back and forth. They hit a buzzer beating 3 or they would have lost by 8.

St. Joe's was the only game the whole 2014 tournament where I thought we would lose. Martelli had that game in the bag and gifted it to us.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
UConn had a 10 point lead for most of the game until under 5 minutes left. They hit a few bombs late to make it look closer than it was. They did cut it to 4 at one point late in the second half, but Giffey answered at the other end to get it back to 7. Niang was a good player, but it wasn't like Iowa State lost by 2 in a game that was back and forth. They hit a buzzer beating 3 or they would have lost by 8.

St. Joe's was the only game the whole 2014 tournament where I thought we would lose. Martelli had that game in the bag and gifted it to us.

Agreed. That’s why I said it could have sneakily gone bad but I felt we were in control the whole game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom