Deandre Daniels..... Disappointing? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deandre Daniels..... Disappointing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Been inconsistent this year but last game isn't a fair assessment due to his back,

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He needs to put on some weight by hitting the weights a la Hilton Armstrong in 2005

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He reminds me much more of MJ than Stanley as far as body type, coming from LA, vicious dunker, etc. I just hope he can put it all together better than Marcus did.

Reaction Score
Give him time. He is just beginning his second year. New position, new offense. He is treading water. It may take him all year to get comfortable. The key is next year, hopefully all are back, better understanding of how coach KO wants them to play and a better understanding of the play book. Next year Uconn will have a very experienced team that could make a deep run in the NCAA tourn.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Give him time. He is just beginning his second year. New position, new offense. He is treading water. It may take him all year to get comfortable. The key is next year, hopefully all are back, better understanding of how coach KO wants them to play and a better understanding of the play book. Next year Uconn will have a very experienced team that could make a deep run in the NCAA tourn.
Unless the NCAA gets on our backs for having too many boxes of Apple Jacks and not enough of Honey Smacks in the dining hall. Then we can count on a 5 year tournament ban and at least one vacated NC.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My thought going into the year was that Daniels was going to surprise us. So far I have seen very little out of him, and its very disappointing. Can someone here convince me that he will get better. Also I thought he was supposed to be a big time recruit with a great three point shot. Does anyone know why he is missing alot of 3s? Thanks.
He was having back spasms Tuesday night. Ever had back spasms? I have and cannot imagine trying to play basketball. Actually when I got back spasms I couldn't even sit comfortable to watch basketball. He gets a pass. My concern with him is something Calhoun has said in the past about some others whoo have not met expectations - where's his game?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think he can be really good his senior or junior year. He needs to adapt to the game and make smart decisions first.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think he can be really good his senior or junior year. He needs to adapt to the game and make smart decisions first.
I agree and those start to happen when he becomes more comfortable with his position.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I think he's doing that, it's a process. He'll be better overall than Sticks soon. Folks remember the occaisional rebound where he jumped higher than the backboard and forget the more frequent times where he would just disappear for over a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom