DD's courtside impressions of the game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DD's courtside impressions of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Said UConn coach Geno Auriemma: “She’s actually been even better in practice than she was (Sunday). Practice transfers over to games, but not completely. And I thought she was really good today, but she’s been even better than that in practice. And little by little … That’s all we keep talking about is little by little. It’s going to be way, way different than what we’re used to for us as a coaching staff. Everything that we’re used to seeing happen the last two years it just isn’t there, and we’re constantly looking to find other ways. And Saniya’s one of those ways. We didn’t have her last year for all intents and purposes. So we have to figure out a way to use her.’’

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/11/03/chong-produces-in-starting-role/
Only really good at this point, not really really good yet...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Actually, she was three reallys less good in the game than in practice. Still, really good ain't really bad, you know.

Reaction Score
Actually, she was three reallys less good in the game than in practice. Still, really good ain't really bad, you know.
She will keep getting better and better and better and better.

Reaction Score
A number of posters have qualified their remarks about yesterday's exhibition with discounting the results because of the inferior competition. There are certain things though that should not be discounted regarding what a player did yesterday. For instance, Kia Nurse took charge on defense and was calling out things to her teammates according to a number of recaps. She didn't do that because the competition was weak, she did it because that's how she plays. If a player can do something once , regardless of the level of competition, then coaches know the player can repeat that through practice.

I believe Geno and staff already have a very good idea on how to use certain players and they are not based on labels about so and so is a guard. I believe Williams and Ekmark will be used as small forwards and the four guards will be MoJett, Nurse, Chong, and Edwards. Williams could be also alternate at guard. She is a rare talent that can provide a lot of flexibility this year and beyond.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great summary. I love the use of the pictures with each of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom