DDaddy's Stanford game preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DDaddy's Stanford game preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It is not possible that Geno may revise his view after watching the tape if he sees the same thing that JR noticed?
Or he may just adopt a "no excuses" policy and start Nurse, as Guard scoring seems to be the key to Stanford's plans.

Has anyone noticed how similar the overall situation is to our recent title game?
Two quick, experienced guards being the principal threat as against a potentially talented but inexperienced front line.

Is it not likely that Geno attempts to dominate inside; getting the ball to K, Stewie and Kiah for a close-up barrage not unlike the one (won?) we witnessed on that memorable evening in April.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not sure there is a better conditioned team in WBB. I don't see this team getting tired. I think Kia Nurse is already a suitable replacement for Bria, she is a special player. As has been mentioned by many, she doesn't play like a freshman or even a sophomore. And I have been impressed by her leadership. Having Morgan back is a variable not in last years contest. In this game I don't see Stanford beating UConn unless UConn cannot hit the broad side of a barn for a full 40 minutes. Stanford has a lot of young players and are integrating a new offense. I don't think it will be the blowout UC Davis was. But the final margin should be comfortable.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to seeing Lili Thompson play. She was a real pest in last years NCAA Semi and had a good game against BC. Wonder Geno has in mind for her.
I believe Geno will have his own platoon of pests wear her down. :)

Reaction Score
It will be intersting to see this year if Tara can keep up her new philospohy. As a coach she has to prefer a certain style of play. You lose a few games and her team is taking bad shots - she may feel uncomfortabel and go back to the style she prefers to coach. You do coach to your talent but there is a line a coach will stop at if they lose a few games they feel they should have won if they played a style the coach was more comfortable with.

Reaction Score
This game has me a little worried especially after UCONN shot lights out yesterday. I'm hoping they don't have a let down. Stanford as usual is a very difficult team to beat on their home floor. With that said I still expect UCONN to win by double digits in a very hard fought game.

I expect UCONN to win comfortably. I don;t expect it to be hard fought but I don't expect an annhilation either. It's hard to have the same definition of what "hard fought" means though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom