DC - Orlovksy surprised by UConn's limited progress | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DC - Orlovksy surprised by UConn's limited progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like DC wanted to write a hit piece after being booted from the football beat. Still, I'd love to see Orlovsky coach here.

Have to agree, vile bile from a demoted writer. I hope BC kicks the pulp out of the Oranges tomorrow and we go on to beat BC just to frost his anti UConn cookies! :D

Reaction Score
So according to Desmond Connor, we're going from being considered by the Big 12, being the most distant candidate, to leaving the AAC for the MAC.

Can we create a petition to get him fired? Also, can we post this as bulletin board material for our road game at SU next year?

Damn. What's up with the DC witch hunt? He merely wrote what Dan October said to him. Nothing more.

Dan O is spot on that we are pretty much in a tough spot. What Edsall help build was totally desTroyer it seems. You wanna blame somebody, blame the idiots athe the top who got it wrong when Edsall left. Burton was right. He should've been a part of the decision making process.

Reaction Score
I don't care that he doesn't like uconn, but it's the lack of substance, fact-checking and grammar checking in every single one of his articles that really gets under my Skin. He shouldn't be able to publish work in any sort of professional forum.

Reaction Score
I could never fully grasp why it's that hard to recruit football talent to Connecticut. Is it exclusively about geography and proximity to top talent? If it's weather, then I don't understand how Wisconsin and Michigan State does it then. The weather isn't that miserable up here during football season with the exception of maybe one or two home games. Do people have us geographically confused with Nova Scotia or Iceland? Is it because the campus is a giant cow-town and not located right next to a major city with the hottest night clubs? If so, again, how does a school like Wisconsin get by as a regularly competitive football program (granted, I know nothing about Madison)? Don't Notre Dame and Stanford have harder academics and requirements than UConn? I kinda don't get the "well it's Connecticut, what do you expect" logic in terms of recruiting and general perception (on the part of recruits and recruiting analysts).

This was essentially the argument before Calhoun was hired.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Damn. What's up with the DC witch hunt? He merely wrote what Dan October said to him. Nothing more.

Dan O is spot on that we are pretty much in a tough spot. What Edsall help build was totally desTroyer it seems. You wanna blame somebody, blame the idiots athe the top who got it wrong when Edsall left. Burton was right. He should've been a part of the decision making process.

You're not doing yourself any favors trying to defend Dez here...

Reaction Score
He won't last long enough to get that done.

Hopefully Diaco can polish enough diamonds in the rough to get UConn ranked for a couple years in a row, raise some eye brows and possibly get a few 4 stars to start considering Storrs as a cool place to spend 4 or 5 years. Then the snow ball might gain some momentum.

Reaction Score
It would be great to have Dan on the staff but this is horrible writing. Dan's comments read so poorly to me. Whats up with his limited progress in the NFL, thought he was going to have some bright moments?

makes about 1 mil per year

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm hoping sometime soon we get DanO on the coaching staff. He still seems very invested in the program but I'm sure he's in no rush to leave back up QB life in the NFL.

He's been a backup almost his entire career (which doesn't sound that great), but I would have given my left arm to do what he's done at UConn and the NFL.

Reaction Score
He's been a backup almost his entire career (which doesn't sound that great), but I would have given my left arm to do what he's done at UConn and the NFL.
A 12 year NFL career is nothing to sneeze at given the average lifespan is 3 years. He has done very very well from signing the highest free agent contract as a backup when he went to Texas,throwing for 340 yds against the Pats and then winning TD to beat the Texans ina 2 minute drive that was awesome.
Hard work always drove this kid and his fb savy is what has kept him in the league and considered one of the best backup qb's in the league.
By anyone's defination that is PROGRESS!!!

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
A 12 year NFL career is nothing to sneeze at given the average lifespan is 3 years. He has done very very well from signing the highest free agent contract as a backup when he went to Texas,throwing for 340 yds against the Pats and then winning TD to beat the Texans ina 2 minute drive that was awesome.
Hard work always drove this kid and his fb savy is what has kept him in the league and considered one of the best backup qb's in the league.
By anyone's defination that is PROGRESS!!!

I remember one announcer's comment from about 2007 or 2008. The announcer said football wasn't just a job to DO; he lived and breathed football 24/7. That's the same attitude that kept Ollie in the NBA for 14(?) seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom