DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards | The Boneyard

DC getting 1.01 hype - Rocketing up draft boards

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Don’t kill the messenger. Amongst the more concerning things in this report Wasserman is asserting that the Charlotte Hornets like DC bc they can’t defend.

Reaction Score
Mark Williams has played well for Charlotte when he's able to get on the court, he just can stay healthy
Welcome to being a Hornets fan, it’s a miserable experience for us that actually root for the team. It pains me how bad of a franchise they are. Literally 4 playoff series win in their 35 year history, it’s brutal. Charlotte wasted him but at least Kemba used it as a springboard to get himself paid in Boston. Really think Memphis would be a great spot for DC. San Antonio and OKC as well.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Welcome to being a Hornets fan, it’s a miserable experience for us that actually root for the team. It pains me how bad of a franchise they are. Literally 4 playoff series win in their 35 year history, it’s brutal. Charlotte wasted him but at least Kemba used it as a springboard to get himself paid in Boston. Really think Memphis would be a great spot for DC. San Antonio and OKC as well.
Spurs or Grizzlies him please. He’ll have to slip pretty far to get to OKC.

If the talk is #1 though I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up in Washington. They have the 2nd highest lottery odds and desperately need a center.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
As much as I'd love to see him or Castle help turn the Hornets around, I can't imagine they're set up for success there. Washington isn't great either, but Portland has tons of young talent and Memphis would be an excellent spot as well for Clingan.

Reaction Score
Spurs or Grizzlies him please. He’ll have to slip pretty far to get to OKC.

If the talk is #1 though I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up in Washington. They have the 2nd highest lottery odds and desperately need a center.
What the Wizards desperately need is everything. But if you're starting from scratch, looking at this year's crop, I can see taking DC.

Reaction Score
Would love him on the Grizzlies and I've seen a bunch of Grizz fans on twitter campaigning for it as well. Grizzlies probably need to grab 2 centers this offseason, a cheaper vet signing and then draft a big would be ideal for them.

Reaction Score
Maybe it'll get better now that Jordan (the Michael Jordan of bad owners) isn't there

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Trailblazers pick up at least one of them this year, and then let Billups go after his contract runs out next year and hire Dan and the entire coaching staff (after they win their third title) to work with their young team. If only Andrea would be willing to move to the west coast.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Trailblazers pick up at least one of them this year, and then let Billups go after his contract runs out next year and hire Dan and the entire coaching staff (after they win their third title) to work with their young team. If only Andrea would be willing to move to the west coast.
I don’t hate the spot for him.

Reaction Score
Charlotte just needs to leave our players alone. Now they are even drafting our football players. Not sure why North Carolina franchises can’t pass on a UConn guy once in a while.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Nah.

If I’m the Blazers brass, I draft DC then I trade Ayton and Simons and a 1 to take Castle, then I bring back Shabazz and hire KO.

Scoot, Shabazz, Sharpe, Castle, Grant, DC…

Championship.

Reaction Score
Even though it hasn’t worked out well before….I’m just sayin if it were Charlotte….

Lamelo Ball
Brandon Miller
Miles Bridges
Grant Williams
Donovan Clingan

Mark Williams

That’s a pretty darn good lineup (to compete for a 4-5 seed)

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Even though it hasn’t worked out well before….I’m just sayin if it were Charlotte….

Lamelo Ball
Brandon Miller
Miles Bridges
Grant Williams
Donovan Clingan

Mark Williams

That’s a pretty darn good lineup (to compete for a 4-5 seed)

On paper, that team can play.

Who knows which guys will be healthy or locked in, so to speak.

Reaction Score
As one of the likely extremely few folks on this board that gets ROOT Sports local, I'm giving Billups a pass. He could be a really good coach, just doesn't have the players atm (health is an issue). Grant should have been moved awhile ago no one expects Ayton to get close to 70 games anymore. The league is an unforgiving place for teams attempting a partial of staggered rebuild. Portland is a great town, little messy lately, but it'll bounce back and then some. I would definitely trust Billups to help a guy like Castle though.

Reaction Score
Hope some random team gets the #1 pick then, there's a lot of stinky franchises I really hope he can avoid like Charlotte, Detroit, and Washington that are likely to be there. I get that Charlotte has some nice young players, but I'm sick of our players being drafted there. Somewhere else please!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom