DC Anthony Poindexter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DC Anthony Poindexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Art, you have to get your first shot somewhere, though maybe you are onto something and in year one Diaco takes a more active role in coordinating/play calling. Try not to be an energy vampire on this one will ya? Just kidding.

I'm not sure you guys are getting my message clearly. I'm sure the guy has talent. Ten years experience coaching counts for something. Diaco is not "giving someone their first shot" I can assure you. There is way too much riding on this.

All I was saying, and CTMike said it better than I did....Diaco will certainly be working real close with the new DC. The new guy will not be designing his "first" defensive scheme and implementing it. He will work closely with Diaco and learn every detail of Diaco's defensive philosophy and then teach it to the players. He most certainly won't be given the keys and told to drive the way he sees fit.

It will be interesting to see how involved Diaco is with the defense on gameday.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you guys are getting my message clearly. I'm sure the guy has talent. Ten years experience coaching counts for something. Diaco is not "giving someone their first shot" I can assure you. There is way too much riding on this.

All I was saying, and CTMike said it better than I did....Diaco will certainly be working real close with the new DC. The new guy will not be designing his "first" defensive scheme and implementing it. He will work closely with Diaco and learn every detail of Diaco's defensive philosophy and then teach it to the players. He most certainly won't be given the keys and told to drive the way he sees fit.

It will be interesting to see how involved Diaco is with the defense on gameday.
Got it. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
Great recruiter. We never had so many great recruiters on the staff before. This could really help UCONN recruiting wise. For the first time in our short history, we might finally get some not so under the radar type recruits.

Reaction Score
Do you think they will be able to reel in any surprises with only about a month before signing day?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Am I the only person who pictured this guy on our sideline when I read the subject of the original post? Or am I just dating myself?!:D

images

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ha! My first thought was similar - actually I thought about the New York Dolls - see if you can make that connection.

I'm disappointed in the amount of time it's taking to produce a real link here though.

Johansen, David

Reaction Score
desmondconner4:56pm via Twitter for iPhone
Hearing Anthony Poindexter, safeties coach at#Virginia set to join #UConn staff as defensive coordinator

desmondconner4:59pm via Twitter for iPhone
Hearing Vincent Brown, D-Line/asst. ST coord/ at #Virginia also set to join #UConn staff on defensive side...

View attachment 4644
I love having a strong coaching presence from schools that actually have REAL academic standards (ND, Virginia)....unlike Louisville who will admit ANYONE (paging Willie Williams...), and unlike schools that PRETEND to have standards but actually don't (UNC, I'm looking in your direction!).

Reaction Score
(Posted in both AP threads)

Pretty positive words from one of the Virginia bloggers. He's giving kudos to both, but especially AP. Thinks the departures are related to the probable firing of HC London after next season.

http://wahooze.blogspot.com/

Reaction Score
This is a pretty big promotion. He has a good rep as a red recruiter, mixed reviews as a coach.

UVA is a sinking ship. I had no idea they went 2-10 this season. Did we just hire two guys from a team that went 2-10? Umm.

I am so glad Diaco is a defensive guy.

Reaction Score
This is a pretty big promotion. He has a good rep as a red recruiter, mixed reviews as a coach.

UVA is a sinking ship. I had no idea they went 2-10 this season. Did we just hire two guys from a team that went 2-10? Umm.

I am so glad Diaco is a defensive guy.

Well according to Coachingsearch, it looks like Brown is coming in with "Dex" as co-defensive coordinator. Maybe the ole... two heads are better than one approach. ;)

Reaction Score
Well according to Coachingsearch, it looks like Brown is coming in with "Dex" as co-defensive coordinator. Maybe the ole... two heads are better than one approach. ;)

Could be.

Reaction Score
Could be.
One thing's for sure, Poindexter is a helluva recruiter! He's received numerous accolades regarding his success on the trail.
Not only did he do a great job this season, but he was chosen as one of the ten best recruiters in the ACC three seasons ago as well. He's getting highly rated recruits as well!

http://michiganstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1186768

Edit: He also made Rivals Top 25 recruiters in the nation list in the same season.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1186133

Reaction Score
Then there's the greatest Patriots' passing game before last Monday night. It was Nov. 1994 when the Patriots found themselves trailing the Vikings, 20-3, and standing just 3-6 on the season.

Bledsoe threw touchdowns to Ray Crittenden and Leroy Thompson, the Patriots defense shut down the Vikings, and Matt Bahr kicked the tying field goal with 14 seconds left in regulation. That was also the game that Patriots captain Vincent Brown protested the Vikings team captain's call on the OT coin flip because he called after the coin landed on the ground. The Patriots won the re-toss and Bledsoe led the Patriots down field and fired a 32-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Turner.

Reaction Score
One thing's for sure, Poindexter is a helluva recruiter! He's received numerous accolades regarding his success on the trail.
Not only did he do a great job this season, but he was chosen as one of the ten best recruiters in the ACC three seasons ago as well. He's getting highly rated recruits as well!

http://michiganstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1186768

That's a plus. Diaco is assembling a staff of people that he knows. Works in business should work here. I agree with Art, Diaco will be the true DC. But it looks to me like the immediate need is recruiting and the personnel selection is supporting that.

Reaction Score
Yes

I think we have at least 4 guys that were Recruiting Coordinators at their school. We also have guys with ties to major harvest areas ... VA, Georgia and now Florida. I do expect 6-9 new commitments. Should be a busy month.

Reaction Score
Do you think they will be able to reel in any surprises with only about a month before signing day?

You never know, P and company brought in some top guys and he got a later start than Diaco's crew and he'd been away from college for a few years. I'm more concerned with who they bring in the next 2-3 years than this one anyhow.

Reaction Score
You never know, P and company brought in some top guys and he got a later start than Diaco's crew and he'd been away from college for a few years. I'm more concerned with who they bring in the next 2-3 years than this one anyhow.
I'm more concerned with what they do with P's recruits, hopefully they buy into the system or their gone.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That's a plus. Diaco is assembling a staff of people that he knows. Works in business should work here. I agree with Art, Diaco will be the true DC. But it looks to me like the immediate need is recruiting and the personnel selection is supporting that.
I thought we were supposed to run for the hills.

Reaction Score
Ha! My first thought was similar - actually I thought about the New York Dolls - see if you can make that connection.

I'm disappointed in the amount of time it's taking to produce a real link here though.
I hope if related or not it will make us Hot Hot Hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom