DC Anthony Poindexter | Page 4 | The Boneyard

DC Anthony Poindexter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm no nitwit but how many head coaches are ALSO the DC? The fact that Diaco didn't fill the DC spot right away is worrisome. I hope its this guy. Poindexter.

Maybe he saw this thread and took offense to the Nerds references.

EDIT: The article posted by D_A_G refers to Dez' Courant article with no contact with Poindexter. It does quote a VBrown tweet.

I hope we do get these guys.

Reaction Score
UVA 247 site has an update that it's a done deal:

"UPDATED on Saturday at 9:15am - Anthony Poindexter has signed the contract to become a member of Bob Diaco's staff as defensive coordinator. According to our sources, he will see "just over a $100,000 a year increase" on a three-year deal."

If the data on the state site is correct - he was making $221k @ UVA. Sure sounds like WM gave BD some money to play with.

Reaction Score

"UPDATED on Saturday at 9:15am - Anthony Poindexter has signed the contract to become a member of Bob Diaco's staff as defensive coordinator. According to our sources, he will see "just over a $100,000 a year increase" on a three-year deal."

If the data on the state site is correct - he was making $221k @ UVA. Sure sounds like WM gave BD some money to play with.
Warde did say we would be equal to or greater than any team in the conference in terms of assistant pay.

Reaction Score
Warde did say we would be equal to or greater than any team in the conference in terms of assistant pay.
This is good news. You shortchange the assistants' pay and you gain nothing from it in the long run (and lose quite a bit)!

Reaction Score

With two threads going on AP, I guess we have them both covered now with the great news! Keep up the good work Medic!

Reaction Score

Ok, I'm getting anxious for a presser. Let's introduce these guys and hit the trail recruiting (waiting 'til the dead period ends, of course)!

Reaction Score
Ok, I'm getting anxious for a presser. Let's introduce these guys and hit the trail recruiting (waiting 'til the dead period ends, of course)!

Since in-person contact will be permitted with recruits beginning the week after next, I would expect a presser sometime next week. That would be ideal timing, since these guys are able to be making calls and sending emails behind the scenes til then. Diaco's timing with all of this seems just about perfect!

Reaction Score
I hope there is a contingency bonus in there for if/when he brings over Quin Blanding and Andrew Brown. GET IT DONE DEX

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player?id=162442&action=upsell
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player?id=141550&action=upsell

Lets hope his recruiting pitch wasn't solely based on "staying at home".

The letters OL next to some of these names is the only thing that would impress me at this point. Is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom