DC Anthony Poindexter | The Boneyard

DC Anthony Poindexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
just saw this on Twitter from the UConnBlog that links to a UVA message boared but has it been confirmed anywhere by anyone or is it just another rumor?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
And if it's not true I'll just delete the thread. No harm done

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I am very happy with this staff. Again as I said these are not big name guys but guys who are going to work hard, have something to prove and hungry for success.

Reaction Score
I thought the OP was making fun of someone.

Ha! My first thought was similar - actually I thought about the New York Dolls - see if you can make that connection.

I'm disappointed in the amount of time it's taking to produce a real link here though.

Reaction Score
This hire pretty much assures Diaco will be the DC with Poindexter learning and teaching.

Reaction Score
Why do you say that?

I'm thinking that way because Poindexter has only been a safeties coach on the defensive side of the ball. With Diaco's background I can't see this guy coming in and running the defense.

Can you imagine Poindexter designing a defense for the first time with Diaco as HC?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that way because Poindexter has only been a safeties coach on the defensive side of the ball. With Diaco's background I can't see this guy coming in and running the defense.

Can you imagine Poindexter designing a defense for the first time with Diaco as HC?

Yes. But I know him better than you do.

I've read two articles about him vs. just one for you.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I don't think it's that far fetched. It could be that Poindexter is ready to take that next step forward as a coach.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's that far fetched. It could be that Poindexter is ready to take that next step forward as a coach.

So you think a recent Broyles Award winner as a DC would hire an inexperienced DC (no experience as DC) and hand him the keys? If he does that then I would have some serious concerns.

I would guess it would be hard to find an experienced DC to come in and work for Diaco. Diaco has a plan for defense, I'm sure, and he just needs someone who is bright, can be taught, and can teach.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't think you are trying to minimize the guy, but saying he's "just" been a safeties coach doesn't mean he isn't ready to be a DC. Diaco thinks he is. And they will no doubt work closely to execute Diaco's vision- definitely not a turn the keys over situation.

Reaction Score
I don't think you are trying to minimize the guy, but saying he's "just" been a safeties coach doesn't mean he isn't ready to be a DC. Diaco thinks he is. And they will no doubt work closely to execute Diaco's vision- definitely not a turn the keys over situation.

Certainly not trying to minimize him. If Diaco was a former award winning OC then I would expect the DC hire would be much more experienced. Like you said...they will no doubt work closely and not a turn the keys over situation.

Reaction Score
So you think a recent Broyles Award winner as a DC would hire an inexperienced DC (no experience as DC) and hand him the keys? If he does that then I would have some serious concerns.

I would guess it would be hard to find an experienced DC to come in and work for Diaco. Diaco has a plan for defense, I'm sure, and he just needs someone who is bright, can be taught, and can teach.
Art, you have to get your first shot somewhere, though maybe you are onto something and in year one Diaco takes a more active role in coordinating/play calling. Try not to be an energy vampire on this one will ya? Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom