Dayton-Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dayton-Tennessee

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
End of the 3rd Dayton can't buy a basket and Lady Vols have a 10 point lead.

Reaction Score
What a waste. Tenn playing like crap and Dayton couldn't put the ball in the ocean.

Reaction Score
What a waste. Tenn playing like crap and Dayton couldn't put the ball in the ocean.

Yep. They're not at all getting outplayed. Burdette especially is killing them. I'll bet she's about 2-13.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In the meantime, things are heating up in Miami: FGCU just hit back-to-back 3's to tie the game with 4:12 to play, forces a Miami timeout.

FGCU has persevered through some turnover problems and cold shooting stretches to make this a fun finish.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The good DD has come out to play in the second half and dragging MR with her. When her head is on straight, she is in the top 10 in the country.

Reaction Score
I use to believe that Mercedes not getting any touches fell on the guards. When I was watching the game and was listening to the broadcasters asking, "why does Nunn get more touches than Russell?", I seen now why she don't. She thinks posting up is standing on the block with her hand up calling for the ball. Doesn't get any kind of seal, when she takes the ball off the dribble she keeps going and shoot the ball at the bottom of the rim. How are you 6'6 and getting blocked by a 6'1 player?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I started listening but rapidly tired of the DD Fanclub in the booth. I'll read about this one.
Good move. You would've needed your hip boots to slog through it in the second half.

Apparently DD's problem is she is so talented she has a hard time handling it herself and with respect to her teammates.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has so much talent. There is something wrong with this team. I believe if Geno had this team for 4 years they would have a championship.
Diamond Deshields is full of talent. It seems like she doesn't trust that her teammates can make plays. She seems to force shots and not get her teammates involved. Jamie Nared seems to be in and out of focus sometimes during the game.

I pray they get it together and upset Baylor!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
The good DD has come out to play in the second half and dragging MR with her. When her head is on straight, she is in the top 10 in the country.

DD is an outstanding athlete. More so than Plum IMO. Which would I draft first? Glad I don't have to make that decision.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
DD is an outstanding athlete. More so than Plum IMO. Which would I draft first? Glad I don't have to make that decision.

I have got to say, after not seeing Plum at all and DD only occasionally, that I may have changed my mind a little.
I think after seeing her last night, DD is not selfish by nature and as funny as it may sound, she does get frustrated by the players around her and once that happens, she mentally shifts off or goes into forced overload. In a pro environment with good and motivated players around her and a coach that will point out her deficiencies, she may really come into her own.

Plum did not really impress me that much. I am not convinced she can get the seperation she needs to in the Pro's. I am not saying she is Rachel Banham who I think is overwhelmed at the next level but I am not sure she will stand out at the next level either. On the other hand, physical gifts are not always the most important thing (Just ask Lindsay Whalen, Sue Bird)

I did not comment to make a choice but to highlight imho how hard the choice would be.

Reaction Score
I have got to say, after not seeing Plum at all and DD only occasionally, that I may have changed my mind a little.
I think after seeing her last night, DD is not selfish by nature and as funny as it may sound, she does get frustrated by the players around her and once that happens, she mentally shifts off or goes into forced overload. In a pro environment with good and motivated players around her and a coach that will point out her deficiencies, she may really come into her own.

Plum did not really impress me that much. I am not convinced she can get the seperation she needs to in the Pro's. I am not saying she is Rachel Banham who I think is overwhelmed at the next level but I am not sure she will stand out at the next level either. On the other hand, physical gifts are not always the most important thing (Just ask Lindsay Whalen, Sue Bird)

I did not comment to make a choice but to highlight imho how hard the choice would be.

Apparently you missed the part where PLUM PLAYED ALMOST ALL OF THE GAME WITH A SPRAINED ANKLE.

Reaction Score
Ragged game, the teams were trying....BUT, the one-on-one, ballsticking, shot flinging was crazy. Dayton's two best players were like 4-21 and yet they still kept shooting.
I may be a Uconn "Snob" but our team plays a different brand of basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom