Dawn Staley's Unhappiness With The Media | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley's Unhappiness With The Media

Reaction Score
Honestly I have never seen Dawn happy about anything.
I've never seen her smile.
I'm assuming she smiled after they won the NC last season, but I didn't watch the game so I'm not sure.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She continues to be the ONLY one whining about this. Maybe I missed it, but let me know who else has whined so loudly this week. Last year, perhaps it was Brenda. Any others I may have missed?

There are always others. Dawn is just the most visible. And it’s not like Dawn is sending her PR team out to bait interviews to dump on the NCAA. The media is asking Dawn these questions and she’s answering honestly. Her opinion is valued and respected so expect to hear her continuing to advocate (whine) for her teams.. whether it’s the SC Gamecocks or Team USA. If she sees an imbalance she’s going to whine. Whining has gotten her incredibly far. I have no problem with a coach advocating for their players or program as long as it doesn’t negatively reflect on another program or it’s players.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The last time UConn had to get on a plane for a regional was in 2014 when they were sent to Lincoln, Nebraska. Attendance was great with 7-8,000 fans showing up for each session to watch the Huskies beat BYU & TX A&M.

That was the year that both UConn & ND were undefeated. ND ended up in the East and UConn was sent to Lincoln. That was also the year that Geno & MM got into their little kerfuffle when MM dissed Stewie at the POY award ceremony right before the championship game.

UConn beat ND 79-58.

Justice was served and it shut up MM and loved it when Stewie walked away with the MOP.

Reaction Score
Honestly I have never seen Dawn happy about anything.
I've never seen her smile.
I'm assuming she smiled after they won the NC last season, but I didn't watch the game so I'm not sure.

She's maybe smiling here? happy at least, yeah?

upload_2018-3-14_14-23-31.jpeg

Reaction Score
Stewie was for NPOY!
Can you imagine arguing against Stewie getting NPOY? One of the best basketball players on earth, but Muffet thinks her player is better. It made me wonder how much crack Muffet smokes and should she check into rehab?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can you imagine arguing against Stewie getting NPOY? One of the best basketball players on earth, but Muffet thinks her player is better. It made me wonder how much crack Muffet smokes and should she check into rehab?
I actually think MM’s reaction was a very honest one. What made it wrong was that she expressed it publicly, when she should have kept it to herself.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Like I said - I've never seen her smile or be happy about anything. I didn't watch the NC game so thanks for this! I'm glad she got to exercise those smile muscles!
If you haven’t seen the video of Dawn watching her beloved Eagles win the Super Bowl, you missed her genuine and joyful celebration.

Reaction Score
If you haven’t seen the video of Dawn watching her beloved Eagles win the Super Bowl, you missed her genuine and joyful celebration.
I'm not fan of Dawn (as you can tell) but I never begrudge anyone their happiness. Their NC was earned and I'm glad her Eagles won too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I need to see the video... do you know where to send me?

It was during the handshake at the end of the Louisville/ND ACC tournament game. I believe the game is still on WatchESPN.. just forward to the end. It’s a quick exchange but you can see Walz tell her something while Muffet looks bewildered. Then, right after during a post game interview you can see Walz getting a little passionate while discussing Durr’s deserved accolades.

There may even be a few clips online if you google search it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It was during the handshake at the end of the Louisville/ND ACC tournament game. I believe the game is still on WatchESPN.. just forward to the end. It’s a quick exchange but you can see Walz tell her something while Muffet looks bewildered. Then, right after during a post game interview you can see Walz getting a little passionate while discussing Durr’s deserved accolades.

There may even be a few clips online if you google search it.
damn that was a great ending... Durr free throws and O'wale with her 3pters including the one at the buzzer. Jeff checked Muffet, she was soooo shocked she had to come back too bad they cut away. Thanks for leading me to the ESPN app. the picture is sooooooooo crisp. I love it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom