Dawn Staley Media Availability 2/6 | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley Media Availability 2/6

Reaction Score
Dawn has a really clear understanding of how things are and tells it like it is. She has certainly seen Geno up close and personal over many years. Before last season, Staley had never beaten the Huskies. Aja Wilson never played on a SC team that beat UConn. her former player Aja Wilson. Many of the top wcbb coaches and players can say the same.
But what interested me was her comments about guarding Paige. I wondered if Buckets can be guarded by any team. Oddly, I don't think she can. Certainly no single player can guard Paige because the Husky freshman doesn't try to impose herself on a game. She will never perform as if only she is on the court and everything depends upon her. If you stop her, she is as good at passing the ball to an open teammate as she is shooting the ball. An assist has the same result as a scored shot.
Only Paige can stop Paige. She does occasionally have an off shooting night. But as with so many of her teammates, if her shot is off then Buckets will find some other way to beat you. There really is no one like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom