Dawn Staley lobbies for ‘GameDay’ return, responds to UConn fans’ ‘unfriendly banter’ | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley lobbies for ‘GameDay’ return, responds to UConn fans’ ‘unfriendly banter’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Who are these people? Dawn must know that most of the UConn nation totally respects the SC program. I actually like the players on the SC team. We don't need this crap in our game, and the people responsible are not good UConn fans and should reframe from calling themselves UConn fans. I for one apologize to the Dawn and the SC players. This is not who we are!

Reaction Score
Dawn's final remark is about right -- "just some unfriendly banter." 2 self-described fans is the entirety of it. Coaches sometimes grab at stuff like this -- stray comments by unrepresentative people -- as a way to motivate fans and players. It looks like The State is attempting something like this. I doubt Dawn is even aware of how The State is using this clickbait.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
SC fans have made plenty of disgusting comments about UConn and Geno on social media during the past couple of years. There is a particular 3-word phrase they've used that I won't repeat here but it is directed at UConn fans and players. Needless to say, those disgusting comments receive no media attention here and certainly the UConn coaches would never dignify the comments. (I doubt they know what has been said.)

The fact that Dawn would see fit to engage in this nonsense leaves me speechless.

Reaction Score
Have they announced where the other 2 sites are going to be for Game Day? The problem for South Carolina is it is a small media market.

Reaction Score
M
Have they announced where the other 2 sites are going to be for Game Day? The problem for South Carolina is it is a small media market.
it was just as small last year when Gameday against Kentucky killed all other broadcasts excerpt the final four and N.C. games

Reaction Score
SC fans have made plenty of disgusting comments about UConn and Geno on social media during the past couple of years. There is a particular 3-word phrase they've used that I won't repeat here but it is directed at UConn fans and players. Needless to say, those disgusting comments receive no media attention here and certainly the UConn coaches would never dignify the comments. (I doubt they know what has been said.)

The fact that Dawn would see fit to engage in this nonsense leaves me speechless.

I couldn’t agree more. I’m a huge fan of Dawn, but that debacle left a bad taste in my mouth. She shouldn’t get involved in fan wars, almost endorsing their behavior no less.

Reaction Score
It wasn't on the Boneyard I'm assuming as we know better and would never allow that kind of posting. SC , Tenn, ND, and other premier teams are what made UCONN - UCONN. Especially Pat Summit who was one of the first to play UCONN as an equal. UCONN also loves the top teams in the country as they go out of their way to play the toughest OOC schedule in women's BB. Tough competition is one of UCONN's hallmarks, builds better team unity, stamina and cohesiveness in team performances. Ignore stupidity and praise all women's BB teams that contribute to this wonderful sport. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
M

it was just as small last year when Gameday against Kentucky killed all other broadcasts excerpt the final four and N.C. games
Exceptions don't disprove the rule though. There's a reason small media markets generally don't get much attention.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve had the opportunity to meet a number of SC fans through the years, including a lovely group of older women in Albany a few years ago. Every SC fan that I have ever met has been freindly, knowledgeable about WBB and passionate about the Gamecocks.

I admire the job that Dawn has done in Columbia. She is a class act and I have no problem with any comment she made in response to questions from The State.

Undoubtedly, there are some SC & UConn fans who don’t believe in good sportsmanship. It is my sincere hope that this thread doesn’t go off the rails, turning into a wine party about all the perceived ills of SC WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom