David Pindell to start @ Fenway v. BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

David Pindell to start @ Fenway v. BC

Reaction Score
Great that DanO shared that analysis with us. Yeah, I think that DP is on the steep part of the learning curve and making good progress.

Reaction Score
Nice write up by Orlovsky. Hit on a lot of things the untrained eye misses during a game.

Yup... interesting comment on DP back leg throw:

>>He missed the throw because he never used his back leg to throw. Guys with high end physical talent often have this flaw, its fixable.<<

NCAA allows a 10th assistant coach on staff come January 9th ;)

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Pretty excited to see him play against BC and Cinci. Dan Orlovsky took some time to write a really good assessment on DP's play Vs UCF on storrscentral.com. It's one of their free preview articles they share.

StorrsCentral.com - Review of David Pindell's Performance Against UCF
"Pindell's escapability is real, and it's a huge weapon. His athleticism and natural instincts get himself and UConn make up for missed blocking assignments or losing a battle at the line. The next step for him will be to take that talent from being used in a reactionary manner to being used more assertively and truly getting the Husky offense into attack mode.

It seems like he can see the field well, as the ball was thrown to the route spot often, and the zone read was executed well. The UConn offensive playbook should be, and will be wide open over the few weeks and into 2018 with David Pindell. If he works to refine some of the things in his game mechanically, he can be a dangerous quarterback that makes the defense defend all parts of the field." Dan O.
Orlovsky needs to be on staff ASAP!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
BS doesn’t need another concussion. Pindell is very quick. He impressed me with his legs. Nice deep drop and a pretty good arm.

Time to turn the keys over.

The one play where he scrambled to avoid pressure was absolutely filthy. If he just looked downfield one he escaped, there HAD to be someone wide open.Sort of reminded me of Manziel's play during his Heisman year

Reaction Score
I am gonna guess that the Cincinnati game is still up in the air and that Anthony was speculating about BS's last game. Wins are so precious right now that if BS has cleared the protocol by then he will be under consideration to start at Cincinnati. No one except for Diaco plays for next year. DP has his immediate future in his own hands. If he doesn't do well against BC, we will see BS one last time.

I love all that Sherriff accomplished this year. However as much as Bryant deserves personally, even he would vote for Pindell to get the start for the good of UCONN'S long term success. He knows how important reps are for Pindell in order to gain confidence through experience. He also knows that after 7 years of losing seasons how important Pindell's development is. There is no chance for a bowl. As far as concussions go, we only have to look to Casey to remember that another blow to the head is simply not worth it. Pindell played well enough against UCF to gain the confidence of his teammates. My guess would be Lashlee wants to see more of Pindell as well. If Bryant is healthy and gets some play, great' however, he has nothing to prove. His play this year has earned the admiration and respect of serious UCONN football fans.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Edsall has utmost respect for BS. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t involved in the decision.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That ain't right, unless Sheriffs can't go. Total kick in the @ss
Completely disagree. No telling how many concussions Shirreffs has had. We know of at least two major ones, so he will most likely remain in the protocol this week, regardless. Doubtful he will play at any of the next levels (CFL, AFL, certainly not NFL) and he probably knows it. Stay in the game if you wish, Bryant, but take off the helmet, and hang up the cleats.

Reaction Score
I love all that Sherriff accomplished this year. However as much as Bryant deserves personally, even he would vote for Pindell to get the start for the good of UCONN'S long term success. He knows how important reps are for Pindell in order to gain confidence through experience. He also knows that after 7 years of losing seasons how important Pindell's development is. There is no chance for a bowl. As far as concussions go, we only have to look to Casey to remember that another blow to the head is simply not worth it. Pindell played well enough against UCF to gain the confidence of his teammates. My guess would be Lashlee wants to see more of Pindell as well. If Bryant is healthy and gets some play, great' however, he has nothing to prove. His play this year has earned the admiration and respect of serious UCONN football fans.

Good commentary. DP shows the potential to be a very exciting player for UConn. We just have to remember that although his JC resume suggests success is in his blood, his FBS experience is not that extenvet and he will make mistakes that some may be quick to criticize. His progress from HC to UCF was remarkable, so I'm guessing he is quite a student of the game, whether holding a clipboard along the sideline, or taking snaps. The next two games may be rough, but regardless of the outcome, I can't wait till he takes the field next year. Its just too bad we only have him for one more year.

I guess you can say I'm overconfident, but I can't help it. Maybe the experience he gained against UCF will lead him forward against BC and Cincinnati with a similar confidence that keeps whispering in his ear " you can do it"! Does it equate to "W's". I don't know. Will he show improvement from game to game........absolutely!

Husky25

Reaction Score

Good for him. I love the game of football, but it is not my squash on the line. These kids have 50 years ahead of them, and if the next level is not a probability, best to plan for a different path. Too much at stake.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Shirreffs is a stud
Played with grit, guts, and moxy
Trooper on the field

Pindell has talent
Great athlete with huge upside
The future is bright

Tough call for Randy
Shirreffs' health is a factor
Best move: start Pindell

Husky25

Reaction Score
Shirreffs is a stud
Played with grit, guts, and moxy
Trooper on the field

Pindell has talent
Great athlete with huge upside
The future is bright

Tough call for Randy
Shirreffs' health is a factor
Best move: start Pindell

You are either 8/9 correct (lines) or 46/51 correct (syllables). In either case, I rounded up to one full "Like"

I don't think it was a tough call for Edsall. The decision was taken out of his hands by Shirreffs' retirement.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Our two best QBs if the last 10+ years have retired due to concussion.

Reaction Score
Good commentary. DP shows the potential to be a very exciting player for UConn. We just have to remember that although his JC resume suggests success is in his blood, his FBS experience is not that extenvet and he will make mistakes that some may be quick to criticize. His progress from HC to UCF was remarkable, so I'm guessing he is quite a student of the game, whether holding a clipboard along the sideline, or taking snaps. The next two games may be rough, but regardless of the outcome, I can't wait till he takes the field next year. Its just too bad we only have him for one more year.

I guess you can say I'm overconfident, but I can't help it. Maybe the experience he gained against UCF will lead him forward against BC and Cincinnati with a similar confidence that keeps whispering in his ear " you can do it"! Does it equate to "W's". I don't know. Will he show improvement from game to game...absolutely!

Well said. I agree and as a matter of fact, the way things panned out, Sherriffs leadership and example through his play took a lot of pressure off of Pindell and allowed him to mentally prepare for the opportunity in front of him now. I don't believe it could have worked any better. I have tremendous admiration and respect for Bryant Sherriffs. Despite the record, he will go down as one of my all time UCONN favorites. He is one tough hombre! He also will not pout but am sure will be at Pindell's side every step of the way!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Bryant is one of my favorite UConn players of all time, in any sport, and my experience as a fan dates back to the early 1960's. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do with his life. He's earned a ton of respect and admiration for his overall attitude, effort and toughness. It's sad to think what might have been for him if he had played behind decent OL's, and with competent coaching in place during all three of his Husky playing years.

Reaction Score
Orlovsky needs to be on staff ASAP!

Don't count on it. Have heard he has no interest at the moment or near future to get into coaching. Said he spent 12 years in the NFL preparing weekly as a player and coaching is more of a grind and he wants to spend time with his family

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
41T7kg2K-eL._SL500_.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member