David Pindell, Kevin Mensah, UConn Rushing Attack Look To Build On 300-Yard Effort (Putterman) | The Boneyard

David Pindell, Kevin Mensah, UConn Rushing Attack Look To Build On 300-Yard Effort (Putterman)

Reaction Score
Here is Fuller's similar story more focused on Pindell: UConn QB David Pindell on verge of running into the record book

>>Thanks to the elusive David Pindell, the name of Pete Petrillo is getting mentioned with regularity these days.

Other than Walt Trojanowski’s marks of 22 touchdowns and 132 points scored during the 1945 season, no offensive single-season record at UConn has stood the test of time better than Petrillo’s mark for rushing yards by a quarterback. Petrillo ripped off 676 yards during the 1967 campaign. To say that record is in jeopardy would be an understatement of incredible proportions. Pindell heads into Saturday’s home game against UMass (noon, ESPNU) with 664 yards. His next scoring run would tie Petrillo’s single-season record by a Husky QB as Petrillo ran for eight scores in 1967 and 1968.<<

>>“I never go into a game planning to run him as much as we do,” Dunn said. “What is hard is that in practice they wear a red [no contact] jersey so you don’t always know what is real. You go through spring, you go through fall and you definitely see the burst but you don’t ever know how a runner is going to run. There are things he will do during a game where it is, ‘no, no, OK.’ Running the ball, I kind of tell him which arm [to carry the ball] in and makes sure he puts it away and other than that he goes. I certainly didn’t anticipate this kind of running and again some of these are scrambles, some of these are things like that. It gets him in trouble too. There are times when he’ll pull the ball and it is not even designed to pull, what are you doing? Don’t get out of your lane.” <<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom