David Pindell & Aaron McLean news? | The Boneyard

David Pindell & Aaron McLean news?

Reaction Score
... suggestion Pindell's looked better during initial spring practices and ex-WR McLean may have moved to TE; source: Waterbury newspaper reporter tweet someone pasted in Dan Hurley to ...some school?... hoops thread

Reaction Score
It keeps sounding like Edsall is trying to get the best athletes on the field regardless of position. Well excluding quarterback. But it also sounds like it is pindell’s job to lose at this point. I’m a little disappointed neither of the freshmen sound like they have stepped up to challenge so far. I was kind of hoping somebody would.

Reaction Score
It keeps sounding like Edsall is trying to get the best athletes on the field regardless of position. Well excluding quarterback. But it also sounds like it is pindell’s job to lose at this point. I’m a little disappointed neither of the freshmen sound like they have stepped up to challenge so far. I was kind of hoping somebody would.
Pindell was put in a tough spot last season... Initially started for a team that was going through a complete rebuild. He just wasnt ready, nor was our defense (all season long).. Fastforward to today, I'm glad he's the top guy right now.. Gives our pups behind him that extra time to continue to grow and mature, because, come 2019, there should be no excuses in terms of being ready to lead the team.. Should be even more healthy competition..

IMO, this is fact: We're a ton better depth wise at QB.. Wouldn't worry about that position as much as a few others (DL primarily, along with depth at RB, as well as LB)...

Reaction Score
Pindell showed glimpses at the end of the year last year, including the almost-game-tying drive vs. Cincy. If reports are he has improved even since then, this is a good thing. I'm also OK with the young 'uns being able to develop and mature another year. I want whoever gives us the best chance to win this year on the field.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with guys sitting another year Just a bit disappointed that it sounds like they aren’t really under consideration now because they aren’t ready.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pindell’s success relies on the running game. He’s not going to win you games throwing 40-50 times. Even with Arkeel moving on, I think with Hopkins and Mensah we have a nice duo...but no depth. The line will probably be better which helps. We shall see

Reaction Score
I thought the offensive line was just okay last year. If it upgrades to good, then all the QBs should take a jump. Right now, the order is Pindell, Washington, McAfee. And it gets interesting in the summer when Krajewski get here.

At this time of year. all that is required is mild optimism from the coach.

Reaction Score
Pindell has to be one of the fastest guys on the team. If he can get more accurate look out. Cincy was not great but it was a commanding drive late in the game. I was super impressed.

Reaction Score
Pindell has to be one of the fastest guys on the team. If he can get more accurate look out. Cincy was not great but it was a commanding drive late in the game. I was super impressed.
True enough. Which brings us to the kicker. He either has mechanical issues or is a head case. In either case he can’t miss multiple game tying winning kicks again. Hope we have a competent backup. A guy who struggles from mid-range as he did is no help either. Strong leg on KOs but he wasn’t much of a scoring weapon.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Pindell looked really sharp once Shierffs went down imo...fenway game excluded

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am not worrying about the QB in March. All 3 QB's need to be ready to play. As they say in football, your 1 play away from being in the game.

Reaction Score
Pindell’s success relies on the running game. He’s not going to win you games throwing 40-50 times. Even with Arkeel moving on, I think with Hopkins and Mensah we have a nice duo...but no depth. The line will probably be better which helps. We shall see

From what I can gather, Xavier Scott who has been timed in the 40 at 4.35 and who has been described as twitchy, might be a valuable running back too!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
From what I can gather, Xavier Scott who has been timed in the 40 at 4.35 and who has been described as twitchy, might be a valuable running back too!
F147B207-5FD9-4228-A73C-A5BBED8C978E.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom