David Benedict -> Q&A session with the media to discuss the Ath.Dept. COVID protocols/Hurley 4p Media Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

David Benedict -> Q&A session with the media to discuss the Ath.Dept. COVID protocols/Hurley 4p Media Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Sunday would be the 1st day back, unlikely to hop right into a game... however, Gtown won’t play until 12/20 and we won’t play until 12/17. The game is on the 13th so it could be pushed pack 1 or 2 days at the most. I think it’s possible we play them with optimal test results.

Reaction Score

Interesting because I questioned that in another thread. I guess the team did spend most of their time in their rooms. But, I agree with Hurley, you cannot keep kids essentially locked in hotel rooms for weeks on end If the conference wants to do a larger bubble. You would need for it to be somewhere they can move around safely.

Reaction Score
Storrs Central: UConn Men's Basketball Coach Dan Hurley Discusses Current Covid Pause

Reaction Score
I understand how contagious this virus is. I also am watching the ACC Big Ten challenge and no teams are on pause there? What are they doing right and what has UConn been doing wrong? It is not a surprise that a team player tested positive when coach himself has been seen on television wearing his mask as a chin strap. I believe it does not send a message to players and other staff of how essential it is to wear masks and social distance. I really don't buy that the players cannot be stopped from breaking rules of social distancing and facemasks outside of the "bubble". UConn always seems to be on the wrong side of things. I know that you are all going to say look how many teams have to pause. Look how many teams are playing! Something needs to be tightened up at UConn or the season will come to a rapid conclusion.

Reaction Score
I understand how contagious this virus is. I also am watching the ACC Big Ten challenge and no teams are on pause there?

FWIW: Louisville (Wisconsin) & NC State (Michigan) had games postponed/cancelled due to their Covid issues.

Reaction Score
FWIW: Louisville (Wisconsin) & NC State (Michigan) had games postponed/cancelled due to their Covid issues.
Still many teams are playing so they must be doing something right. I think we all would have expected Louisville and NC State to have issues.

Reaction Score
Interesting because I questioned that in another thread. I guess the team did spend most of their time in their rooms. But, I agree with Hurley, you cannot keep kids essentially locked in hotel rooms for weeks on end If the conference wants to do a larger bubble. You would need for it to be somewhere they can move around safely.
I was at mohegan staying at hotel and gambling the entire week UConn and the other teams were there. I didn't see anyone from any team at any point. I was up and out from 10 am-3 am those 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom