Dave Roberts Lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Heck of a game. The Yanks didn't quit.

Reaction Score
Went from the worst loss of the year to one of the most exciting wins of the year. Shoddy defense and strange infield shifts almost cost us in the 7th but the Sox as always aren't out of it til the final out.

Reaction Score
Peavey should been pulled after the 6th or at least after the first base runner in the 7th. Have to give the Yankees credit for hanging in and coming back. Giardi is coach of the year IMO.

Reaction Score
By the way, I'm no fan of Joe West as an umpire, but his dismissive wave-off of the fat goon in the 10th was great . . .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Peavey should been pulled after the 6th or at least after the first base runner in the 7th. Have to give the Yankees credit for hanging in and coming back. Giardi is coach of the year IMO.

He might be in the top 5, but the Sox were expected to be in the basement along with the Yankees. The Yanks are currently in 3rd, so they are exceeding expectations, but the Red Sox are leading the Division by 6.5 games right now and have the second best record in MLB. AL Manager of the Year should probably be (in no particular order):

Bob Melvin
John Farrell
Terry Francona

Reaction Score
Ump behind the plate could have called strike 3 on Chavez on the 2-2 pitch for the Giants pitchers perfect game last night.................

Reaction Score
Not only is he not deserving over Farrell, he doesn't deserve it over Tito.

Until this weekend only you guys and the a**wipes from WEEI would call this a clear win........but what would we expect:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I think that, barring a total collapse, Farrell is manager of the year. He handled Middlebrooks, Drew and Napoli masterfully when they were slumping and we all thought they should be on the bench. He lost two closers and a set up man and still has an excellent bullpen. The starters seem to be coming around (except when they pitch against the Yankees) and if Buchholz comes back, they look solid for the playoffs. I think that both Girardi and Francona have over-achieved but Farrell has been the best for the whole season.

Reaction Score
I think it was close until this weekend.......again not close to what Girardi had to face all year whatsoever though!! Still the record overall wins this one.........

Would be very concerned with the pitching still though.........the playoff opponents won't be throwing Huff and Miller lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Until this weekend only you guys and the a**wipes from WEEI would call this a clear win........but what would we expect:rolleyes:

So I'm ahead of the curve?

Reaction Score
I think it was close until this weekend.......again not close to what Girardi had to face all year whatsoever though!! Still the record overall wins this one.........

Would be very concerned with the pitching still though.........the playoff opponents won't be throwing Huff and Miller lol
Good point. Just when I was starting to feel comfortable with the Sox starters, the Yankees had their way with them and with the bullpen. Fortunately the Yankee pitching was even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom