Dave Portnoy places 600k bet on UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dave Portnoy places 600k bet on UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, he bet on Michigan to win in football too if that helps anyone feel better.
Front-running Michigan alum extends the same logic out through his recognition of New Haven/CT pizza. Nothing bad in that, and let him serve as a guard rail on hubris while the team focuses on the job at hand.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Dave portnoy thinking we're the best team is a real "heartbreaking, the worst person you know just made a great point"
It takes a real life situation to clarify that Liking a post or liking an action doesn't always mean that you agree with the post or the action, or like the poster or the actor.

The contemplative pause adds up to a good thing, even if the matter remains fuzzy, unresolved, and even unsettling.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He bought the most expensive home ever on Nantucket. Unfortunately $600K is nothing to him.
Dinging you for casually promoting incorrect use of the leading adverb in the second sentence, with or without the missing comma.

Tbh, I felt some 'need' to find an exception to Liking all the posts in this thread, though it's fun trivia if it's true that he bought the most expensive house ever in Natucket. I'm not going to fact check it; I'll take your word for it. And I'd have given it a Like if that were your whole comment.

I like this thread, but more akin to the counsel below:

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."
Rainer Maria Rilke

Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I now live in Florida. Our company’s sales manager lives in Deland, home of the Stetson Hatters and the town is adither. The sales manager saw the betting odds for the game and placed a $5 bet on each team:

View attachment 97988
I don't know how this works but what happens if you place $5k on each

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dinging you for casually promoting incorrect use of the leading adverb in the second sentence, with or without the missing comma.

Tbh, I felt some 'need' to find an exception to Liking all the posts in this thread, though it's fun trivia if it's true that he bought the most expensive house ever in Natucket. I'm not going to fact check it; I'll take your word for it. And I'd have given it a Like if that were your whole comment.

I like this thread, but more akin to the counsel below:

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."
Rainer Maria Rilke

Go Huskies

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don't know how this works but what happens if you place $5k on each
I think you either net out $15k or $12.5 million, but my answer might reveal why it's wise that I don't bet.

The only other option that occurs to me is that you lose $10k, because the two bets shown are not for Friday's head-to-head game result, but for who wins the entire tournament. Hmm.

Reaction Score
Dave portnoy thinking we're the best team is a real "heartbreaking, the worst person you know just made a great point"

I thank him for this, because as devastated as I would be after a loss, I now will be able to find the tiniest sliver of a silver lining in it.
That’s the truth. And it’s not like Barstool is that great (save for Sundae Convention)

Reaction Score
I think you either net out $15k or $12.5 million, but my answer might reveal why it's wise that I don't bet.

The only other option that occurs to me is that you lose $10k, because the two bets shown are not for Friday's head-to-head game result, but for who wins the entire tournament. Hmm.
You are correct, it was for the tournament champion. I don't gamble and with very good reason.

Reaction Score
See? The Judge deems Taylor Swift is our Mojo Muse.

Portnoy bets 600k on us.

Portnoy is a huge Swiftie.

You never listen to me. This is all coming together.
Quite bring TS into this!

It's lazy. Hang wortgy. That was the Kansas City Chiefs during NFL season.

Reaction Score
Who are you again?
1000016267.gif

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
you ever crawl a shag carpet at 6:30 am thinking every white piece of whatever was a tiny bit of crack you dropped?
I once dropped an orange micro dot on a white shag rug. Took me an hour to find it. It was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom